Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I've loved everything Muse have put out. They are ridiculous but I've always had a soft spot for them. Looking forward to this!

Origin of Symmetry is the first album of theirs I bought and is indeed the best one. Absolution is amazing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Drones is pretty cool. Could also refer to how we are slaves of technology these days. Or something. I don't know. It's Muse so it'll be bombastic and dumb in a fun way.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Whole thing is cheese, but so is Muse. I like the album cover :)

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Yeahhh...the song is ok. Nice big fat riff but the song itself is a little too simple. Not much of a chorus there either. The bassline during the stupid drillsargeant bit is really cool with a nice fuzzy sleaze to it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Once someone pointed out the 'UAAAUH' intake before each line in the earlier stuff, I have never been able to unhear it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Mercy seems really lazy. I still like it, but I know its a big rehash.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Revolt is absolutely ridiculous but I do think I like it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
The big loud part of globalist is pretty cool but is over very quickly :(.

Defector is pretty awesome, liking that fatass riff. It's got swagger.

Also the album has a nice range of different bass distortions - always liked how much prominence bass has on muse songs and does it's own thing. I do feel like the drumming isnt as creative as it has been in the past.

henpod fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 3, 2015

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I was at the download gig, and it was a fantastic setlist. Deadstar and Citizen Erased were loving great. There were mini-moshpits opening up which seemed to shock a few muse-fans, but we were at download so it was to be expected.I was in one and some guy came flying through and knocked down about 7 people into one giant muddy pile. Through some miracle I fell on someone so didn't get a speck on me before an arm reached through the tangle to pick me up.

Lots of cool bouncing balls and confetti though. I heard a lot of cynical metal fans saying how muse didn't belong at download. I think they made a good impression though, it was a really good show.What my friend enjoyed (one of the aforementioned metal fans) was that in between almost each song there was a mini jam, where they just played a heavy riff for a few minutes before hitting the next song. That was cool.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Remember when they used to do stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-p7QTc6Bs

They have a lot of awesome B-sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I can't believe that person spent the whole show worrying about it and recording it rather than having a beer and enjoying it instead.

• Locked thread