Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
The song's also on Spotify.

And on the first listen, it's doing nothing for me. The riff itself is nothing special, and does this thing have a chorus at all? "I hope it's going to grow on me" etc. etc., but I must say I agree with Popcorn. When did their riffs and vocal melodies become so pedestrian?

(Answer: right around "The Resistance")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I'll reserve a final judgement on Reapers until I've heard the studio version, but at least it doesn't seem to be as loving boring as Psycho.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

G-Hawk posted:

I hated it at first, but the last 2 minutes or so works really well somehow.

I didn't HATE the first two minutes but I get where you're coming from. I was ready to dismiss this as another boring chorus-less dirge, but I think they manage to turn it around in the second half. I already like it more than Psycho, let's see if it manages to creep into "good" territory.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
All those vocal ticks are completely awesome, though.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Nope, I'm with Popcorn. This is all production, zero songwriting. The songs we've heard so far are a completely mixed bag for me.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I don't know, I look at that setlist and realize I would only really want to see five songs out of 21. At some point Muse just developed into a direction that's not to my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

AlexF posted:

Yeah, I don't like that either. If you need a permanent slot on stage for the music you write and perform and always have the same person doing that job (s)he should be a bigger part of the band. Same thing with Mike Vennart & Biffy Clyro. At least he now isn't pushed aside as he was at the beginning, but it's still strange how this kind of thing is treated. If you don't (have the ability to) take part in the creative process it's fine that you don't get the same treatment as anyone else. But to be put in the dark like Morgan (even I didn't now his name and I consider myself a big Muse fan. Only knew that it's the same person on stage) is really not cool.

It might still happen though. It took Jason White thirteen years until he was made an official member of Green Day.

• Locked thread