Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

All I can think listening to Psycho's riff is Load era Metallica.

It seems like it was written around that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Popcorn posted:

I wonder what the record company thinks it's achieving by pulling these bootlegs.

They should just tell the band not to play any unreleased material, to be honest. If that's the stance they want to take, of course.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Reapers is brilliant, for the record. Best song they've put out in a decade, almost entirely on the strength of that pre-chorus breakdown.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

Huh, the cheesy "DRONES" part?

Nah man, that hot riff. The guy saying Drones doesn't bother me at all though.

(YouTube link for "The Handler" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOmP4n_0Dfw. I suspect it gets taken down pretty fast though).

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 1, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Admoon posted:

None of the new songs are as good as Reapers/Handler. A few of these songs sound like they come from The Resistance. I don't think it's nearly as bad as the guy above me but it's not going down as one of my favorites any time soon. At the very least I think it's better than The 2nd Law, but then again I hated that album. I'll probably end up liking it more than The Resistance too.

I liked the Resistance and the 2nd Law, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. If the rest of the album sounds like either of those albums plus what we've heard I think its as good as you could have hoped for because Dead Inside/Reapers/The Handler are all excellent songs.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheSteelCurtain posted:

I must say the second half of the album isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Aftermath sounds like Dire Straits, and The Globalist is interesting.

Its not "second half of 2nd Law" bad, sure, but its not great or even necessarily above "listenably good." Its certainly worse than the good material on Resistance/2nd Law.

The album is like a B+ on the whole I think. The first 5 songs are bringing that up a lot though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheSteelCurtain posted:

The Globalist gets better each time I hear it, although I wish the heavy part was longer and the piano part shorter.

I just don't think the Globalist had any real reason to be 10 minutes long. That's basically my entire complaint with the song; either part is fine, really, its just not saying enough to need 10 minutes.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Getting tickets for that Staples Center show was a bitch and a half. I'm basically in the rafters, which will be an interesting contrast from the floor seats I have at the San Diego show two days earlier.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Any idea what the stage time is? Driving in for the LA show.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

They've dropped Reapers from the setlist of 2 US shows now, jesus loving christ what is wrong with them, it's their best song of the last 2 albums.

Yeah but they played the Globalist instead :v:

I thought the show was great but I'll admit I sat down and zoned out for the entire song sans the blistering middle part with the full-sized drone.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Langolas posted:

The more posts I see from the shows, the more glad I am that they are skipping SLC and I'm not wasting my money. I'm scared to go to the Muse forums and read what people are saying. Muse is my favorite band to see live but I don't need the crazy lasers etc, I want damned good music and a lot of it.

It was a great show and the stage show was amazing. If you're holding out for a band playing the perfect set list you're going to be sad forever because every band likes all of its own music, even the songs the fans don't care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The problem with the set isn't enough Drones, they've already cut Reapers completely (rotated it with Revolt because it was LA, I think it's officially dead until NYC and Europe), it's how they feel the need to play literally every single hit they've ever had in a 17 song set. It sucks, and it doesn't reflect the album at all.

I'm locked into doing two more shows on this tour, and I haven't really enjoyed any of it to be honest, way too theatrical for my tastes considering what they just did for the Psycho Tour and the festivals. I hope San Diego and Vegas get something special due to the rescheduling.

They played Reapers in San Diego last night. They also played Apocalypse Please which owned.

the truth posted:

Too bad the set list only has 17 songs and they play recordings of Drones (twice) and Isolated System to fill time.

Someone in the band obviously smokes.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 8, 2016

• Locked thread