Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
We're goin' to the Roadhouse, gonna have a real good time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvK-pUnhmQ8

It's pretty good live as well.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

I actually think Dead Inside shows off just how good Matt is as a singer, his delivery is great and this song shows off a lot of his range. This song is growing on me! Speaking of range...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqzCBZ9BfA

Micro Cuts anyone?

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

I cannot wait, this is the Muse I wanted!

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Can't wait!

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

If we get one of those I will be happy, but we are at least going to get some new pro shots of the older songs so I am excited.

Also, I have a huge crush on Nanna.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I really want to like Of Monsters And Men but I don't think I can because of how much they utterly rip off Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes. Seriously, several of the songs are carbon copies of Sharpe's stuff. It's kind of assholish of them.

I agree, and they really don't have much variety in their music.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

The stage at this venue is like Numberwang every time a band changes. "Let's rotate the board!"

Haha, I feel like I am watching an old 60's music variety show, what a weird set up.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

I know! Nothing like looking at Morgan the whole show. Is Chris wearing a hairpiece? So far so good, Dead Inside was pretty drat good.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Chris got hairplugs. I kinda miss his bear-y look.

It looks a little weird, and drat Matt sure is jumping around a lot tonight.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Just noticed there's no piano on stage. That means no New Born, Apocalypse Please, etc :(

:(

Did you hear Matt diss the crowd before Hysteria? Hahaha.

"It's not a good time all the time, that's the general vibe here"

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Yes! Reapers.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I thought that was a new song starting there. Nope, Starlight :(

Same. I'm glad we got a pro shot of Reapers though, the outro is loving HEAVY.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Good show but a little too short, loved that they brought back the old school outro riff for KoC.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Muse were amazing as usual, but this is (one of the many reasons) why I hate festivals:

Wait all day & night for the band you really want to see, then hear 10 songs and go home.

Can't wait for the proper album tour when they go back to their usual 20-25 song set lengths. I mean, look at this monster: http://www.musewiki.org/Tokyo_International_Forum_2007_%28gig%29

I have seen them twice, hopefully they play smaller venues this time around but I doubt it. I just hope that they bring the sets they have been playing lately over to the US. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Iq4EfhElk

Reapers video already up, thanks internet.

TheSteelCurtain fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 17, 2015

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Good song!

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Oh my gently caress Reapers is so good.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Wow that is a cool song, I'm impressed.

This is the old school Muse sound I missed!

TheSteelCurtain fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 1, 2015

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8IYXhA_po

I love this riff.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not, but here is the making of The Globalist and Defector.

http://vk.com/video-15973764_170968426?list=c97fd525afbb1b740c

Sounds pretty cool.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

It's almost like they played a joke on us with the first couple of songs released because they were kind of boring, and then they released Reapers and it changed my mind. Now with this song being released I am VERY excited for what the rest of the album has to offer.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Revolt is the worst song they have ever made.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

I must say the second half of the album isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Aftermath sounds like Dire Straits, and The Globalist is interesting.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

The album actually gets a lot better with multiple listens, I must say it's their best since BHAR for sure. The Reapers, Handler, Defector trio is the high point. I actually like the title track as well, gives it a pretty haunting end.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

the truth posted:

Maybe it's the leak, but the mixing on Revolt is my biggest complaint. The vocals are undersampled and the "you can go" backup chants in the chorus are far too loud.

edit: Just finished the album. That's some good poo poo, and the second half isn't as bad as some people made it out to be. Defector is awesome and Aftermath was surprising. The Globalist was kind of a blur that I need to listen to a couple more times. Drones is just a simple epilogue that most people, even diehard fans, will only listen to once or twice.

Yeah Drones is just an ending for the album, but it is pretty cool and totally unexpected. This album is definitely a step in the right direction, even if it is a little off the wall.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

The Globalist gets better each time I hear it, although I wish the heavy part was longer and the piano part shorter.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Is it bad that I really like the title track? I think it shows off Matt's vocal abilities perfectly and is an awesome ending for the album.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtX8bGcdGnM

Proshot of the Citizen Erased performance from Werchter. It sounds pretty drat good, the person has other songs from the gig on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51FoWWLYyDY

And here is Micro Cuts from Moscow, I'm so glad Matt is still able to pull it off live.

TheSteelCurtain fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 1, 2015

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

That falsetto at 14:00 during the Handler performance, holy hell I'm surprised he can still hit that.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNiVSTyXP7o

Check out this version of the title track with an organ, pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Man they really have been going into another gear live these last few gigs. The Handler performance from Roskilde is amazing, I love how you can tell Matt was kind of hurting during the falsetto parts but at the end he just went for it and hit a note he hasn't hit for years. Check out from 3:25 on. Dat falsetto at 4:15!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFGeL5w2EI

Its one of the things I love about Muse live, they always give everything they have. Even on their worst nights they are still one of the best live bands.

TheSteelCurtain fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 6, 2015

• Locked thread