Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teensie King
Sep 8, 2011

He kinda looks like a horse doesn't he?
I recall that riff from some jam on the HAARP album. The song itself is incredibly silly, but not too bad.
Also, did using "gently caress" on Panic Station open the floodgates on frivolous cursing in Muse songs or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teensie King
Sep 8, 2011

It's...special, not immediately awesome like a good opener needs to be, pales in comparison to stuff like Supremacy, New Born and Uprising.

Teensie King
Sep 8, 2011

I'm pretty sure the second half songs will come to grow on me after a few listens, but what really bothers me is that 8 of The Globalist's 10 minutes are calm. The majority of Citizen Erased is also calm, but the reason CE works so well is because it has one of the most intense quiet loud dynamics I've ever heard, the first chorus goes into the quiet verse naturally and the explosion of sound after the second chorus makes the song. Just having quiet->loud->quiet is not as fun as loud->quiet->loud->quiet, if anything The Globalist just made me love CE a lot more.

• Locked thread