Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

muse's lyrics and vocals have gotten so bad its to the point where if you simply removed them completely the song would be much better. The lyrics have always been bad but at least bellamys vocals covered up some of that when he actually sang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

More reapers, less psycho please. Thats the direction i wanted them to go since oh, 3 cds ago.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I hated it at first, but the last 2 minutes or so works really well somehow.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Also apparently "The globalist" is a "10 minute prog epic" citizen erased part 2

so now its going to either be completely amazing and what everyone wanted on the last 3 albums or utterly, utterly disappointing

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

honestly it seems like all 3 of these songs could be fun live and muse at this point is more of a live show than a band anyone should expect a great cd from. If they can put together 6-7 new good live songs and actually play some of the good older ones thats about all I can hope for.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

dead inside is the first muse song to get stuck in my head since BH&R, so thats something.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

reapers is really good. mercy is eh, but i think it could be fun live. So far all these songs make me want to see muse live again, but not really listen to their cd that much. They've always been a better live band, but it seems like the gap has gotten larger.

quote:

Muse's slow transformation into U2 is the twist no one expected.
Really? Seemed like the very obvious route, for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Popcorn posted:

Not from OoS, it didn't. But then that was ten thousand years ago.

oh, yeah i agree. I just meant over the last 10 years or so.

quote:

I'm glad plug in baby has been missing from the sets. It was getting beyond tired, though not as bad as feeling good.

you're a monster

• Locked thread