Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Awful cover and 6 minutes of "NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD". Nice first shot.

Hedrigall posted:

People don't like the art? It's the Storm Thorgersonest art possible without being a massive sculpture in the middle of a desert. It's cool

You're wrong. For starters, there's nothing floating in mid-air with a flabbergasted passerby staring at it, or a normal person with a normal thing that is improbably large.

I'd classify this as "post-stroke Thorgerson-esque"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Popcorn posted:

Of course, stadium concerts were always fascist rallies. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd realised this and wrote an entire album about it. In "In the Flesh", Nazi-like banners fall from the ceiling and the singer in the band, a sort of psuedo-Roger, marches out and machine-guns the audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqCKUfW0K0

It's still cheesy as gently caress, but at least it knows what the gently caress it's doing, at least it has a point - and in 1979, it was a major risk, a challenging and sort of frightening album.

oh it still had its' moments in 2010-2013. During Run Like Hell for instance, I was enjoying the hell out of myself, then had to stop and say "wait, *should* I be enjoying this?". Right about 5:32 here, that happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32hhxWbRm1M

Relevant since Muse was trying to do their own copy of The Wall 2010-2013's staging during the 2nd Law tour :v:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

That's the best new Depeche Mode song in years.

I also ruined Reapers for the wife today by pointing out how easily Madonna's "Express Yourself" could be sung to the chorus

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SKIIIIP MEEE

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Reapers will be forever ruined as "that song where you can easily sing Madonna's 'Express Yourself' over the chorus" for me.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

"Save Me" may actually be better than "Revolt".

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I listened to this album a lot the first week or two. Heard Dead Inside on the radio yesterday and realized that I had completely forgotten it even existed.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

vvvv DEAD INSIDE vvvv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

On the one hand, missing this tour isn't so bad since Drones is a poo poo album and that setlist is largely garbage.

On the other hand, Apocalypse Please.

• Locked thread