Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Reapers will be forever ruined as "that song where you can easily sing Madonna's 'Express Yourself' over the chorus" for me.

Kind of like "I want to break free" by Queen over Madness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Reapers is definitely the best one so far.
In regards to the album, I feel already as bored as Psycho as I am of say TSP - I think it's just because the riff is as old as the age I started listening to Muse...

Lots of guitar too which is nice, hopefully they are still 'feeling' it since they used to be a lot more raw until recently.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Do you guys know how long it takes for the Instrumentals to become available? Those were my favourite parts of the last two albums...

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I wish they did more awesome eastern sounding songs like United States of Eurasia - I was excited that it felt like Aftermath was going to go somewhere with the intro...

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Was eating me a little bit but it sounds like the first two parts of the globalist is a Tarantino wannabe soundtrack mixed in with the verse from 'Soaked'

The Piano part is a bit weak - no real motif carried through from any of the other songs on the album which could have saved it as a bit more of a true finale.

I have to admit I was initially bored by Psycho - but it's starting to get its hook in!

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I've kinda stopped listening to it after two weeks... No real urge to go back. I think I'm getting old :(

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

Shame it didn't work the first 20 minutes and missed The Handler, this Roskilde stream is loving amazing. Best audio and visual I've ever seen. I almost flew to Denmark for this festival dammit.

My god, I need a cigarette. That was like experiencing one of their best shows. You could tell Matt really loved it at the end, what a crowd. I love Muse.

(oo this will do. Not quite the quality of the stream but it's drat good.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEs5OxrNovc)

This is an awesome performance - had some friends there that were loving it too. Not a fan of the sepia filter for the first part of the set - what's the go with that?

Nice to have all the backup vocals up in the mix. Chris has come
A long way since hullabaloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Where are they hiding their resident 4th member on that stage?

• Locked thread