Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
Can't wait. Really bummed though that it seems that they're going to take their sweet time coming back to the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
I thought everyone knew Matt Mahurin did all the art. His stuff is pretty loving amazing.

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
Mercy is really growing on me - I actually didn't like it much the first few listens. Too upbeat and poppy I guess. My favorite so far is still Dead Inside.

KillerMojo posted:

I was at both the NYC/LA gigs the past couple weeks. Trip report from a guy in the double digits for shows:

Psycho gets the crowd moving better than any opener I've seen.

Dead Inside is alright, my least favorite of the three new ones I've caught in person. It just lacks the energy that psycho and reapers force on you.

Reapers is fantastic live, and that outro annihilates in person. Shook me to my core, I think the sound guys cranked up the volume for it.

They busted out hyper music on request in LA, which was impressive given how rehearsed/scripted their shows have been the past few years. It's a great live song and should be in their regular set. The crowd chanted for dead star following it. Matt laughed and said gently caress no.

Assassin is a monster live, my god. I can't describe how massive the GOB outro sounds. It's just so meaty.

Matt is on his game. He's playing everything he can on guitar, save the parts he shouldn't- New Born gets the proper piano intro. Awesome falsetto in bliss. Less false bravado and more genuine rocking, at least from my view. He just seems to be way tighter overall.

Madness is a good breather in between heavier songs and is infinitely better without the gimmicks (visuals, glasses).

Dom plays the double tempo parts of Apocalypse Please I first noticed at Wembley, it's really hard not to dance to. So good.

Stockholm Syndrome + the outro riffs are worth the price of admission alone.

Starlight still sucks.

I'm glad plug in baby has been missing from the sets. It was getting beyond tired, though not as bad as feeling good.

All said the two shows have totally rekindled what was a dwindling interest in their live show.

Nice. I was also at both small gigs and was just blown away. Psycho was absolutely loving insane. I was so pumped up just in anticipation - the crowd just went nuts when it started - I'm surprised the roof didn't come off the place. The crowd in NYC was better, but the Mayan gig had Assassin and Hyper Music - basically two of the top songs on my "probably will never hear live" list. Could have done without Madness, tbh.

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
Arrgh I want to hear it so bad but I think I'm going to hold off.

I tried that site on my phone and it says the nearest lever is 694726 meters away -- seriously? I can't even move around/zoom in on the map.

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
I love it. At the very least it's better than TR and T2L.

Bad: Revolt
Getting worse with each listen: Aftermath
Meh: Mercy, The last part of The Globalist.
Pretty good: Psycho
Everything else is amazing. The Handler might be one of my top 10 songs ever, by anyone.

I've only had time to listen to the whole thing 3 times through. I think after Reapers and The Handler my expectations were just way too high and I was more disappointed than I should have been with the 2nd half of the album. That said, I can't get into Revolt no matter what. It sounds so familiar to me but I can't pinpoint what it reminds me of. I don't really listen to pop music so I can't use that as a frame of reference. It's just so generic-sounding to me. Aftermath the same thing -- I don't mind slow songs, but it could be anyone, it doesn't even sound like Muse to me.

And Popcorn, why are you in this thread? Are you clinging to a hope that Muse will suddenly wake up one day and revert back to the band they were 15 years ago? I'm not bashing your opinions, I just don't understand your motivation - surely there's some other band out there that you can actually get enjoyment from instead of constantly complaining about?

Also, just saw the lyric video for Defector - Ah, I'm loving that song more and more.

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
Thanks for posting the artwork. Can't wait to get mine today (hopefully, according to UPS)!

That is disappointing about the DVD -- I love their 'making of' docs. But I am super excited to see that live video for the Handler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
DC got the longest setlist of the tour, including Map, CE, and AP. I managed to see the first few shows, the last few and a handful in the middle so I actually heard everything they played at least once. PiB made an appearance a few times, Revolt disappeared after LA2 (?) (thank goodness), and they also quit playing UD, which is kind of disappointing to be honest because I really liked the visuals. And I'm not a big fan of that song. So sick of Resistance and yes I'm even sick of TIRO and wouldn't cry if they switched Knights with Survival as the closer once in a while. It was great on the last tour.

Also in DC, Matt said something like "the tour was too short, we need to come back next year" - so take that as you will.

Hoping for Europe they'll add a few songs, switch in a couple different rarities and maybe stick SS back in...I love that song so much live.

• Locked thread