Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I've kind of overplayed The Handler but if only because it's a top shelf Muse song start to finish and we haven't got one of those for nearly a decade. It seriously boggles my mind how they were able to ditch all the gimmicks and stupid stuff and produce this gem. Didn't think they had it in them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

auzdark posted:

Was eating me a little bit but it sounds like the first two parts of the globalist is a Tarantino wannabe soundtrack mixed in with the verse from 'Soaked'

The Piano part is a bit weak - no real motif carried through from any of the other songs on the album which could have saved it as a bit more of a true finale.

I have to admit I was initially bored by Psycho - but it's starting to get its hook in!
Ha I get Tarantino vibes from that part of the Globalist too! Like it should be on the anime scene in Kill Bill.
E: btw I don't mean the obvious Morricine intro with the whistling, but the first verse.

and yeah Psycho is fun every once in a while turned up loud.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 12, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

6/13/15 @ Donnington Park Download Festival :black101:

1. Psycho
2. The Handler
3. New Born
4. Hysteria
5. Micro Cuts
6. Dead Star
7. Agitated
8. Citizen Erased
9. Munich Jam

10. Dead Inside
11. Supermassive Black Hole
12. Mercy
13. Time Is Running Out
14. Reapers
15. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:
16. Uprising
17. Plug In Baby
18. Knights of Cydonia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7NZ69VZ-Q
That solo sounds loving awesome live!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

cgfreak posted:

That is a loving set :stare:

I'm going to see Muse at Werchter festival in a couple of weeks, I hope they just play this exact setlist.
Probably should have said, but they only played such a badass set list because Download is like a metal festival and they had promised they would play a different kind of set. Wish I was there though...

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

this Roskilde stream is loving amazing. Best audio and visual I've ever seen. I almost flew to Denmark for this festival dammit.

E: My god, I need a cigarette. That was like experiencing one of their best shows. You could tell Matt really loved it at the end, what a crowd. I love Muse.

(oo this will do. Not quite the quality of the stream but it's drat good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8GjL2rg56o)

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 7, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Supremacy(42:40) really came back with a vengeance.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Oo, they did an awesome cover of CHVRCHES - Lies for the BBC Live Lounge today. Hear it around 14:30:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03273ws

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

gently caress yeah, Phantogram is opening for them at their California/Oregon tour dates in December. They've picked really good openers the last few times through on their arena stops(Silversun Pickups, Metric, Passion Pit, Band of Skulls)...

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Crap that's a bad setlist Muse :/

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the Psycho setlists were so good too.

I know it's still going to be a blast when I see them in Portland but man.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Revolt is so bad. It's gonna ruin my mood.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

so Revolt and Undisclosed Desires are staples this tour, neat...

Fingers crossed Portland gets Bliss/Apocalypse/Citizen!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the truth posted:

People actually like The Globalist?
I really enjoy it until the instrumental jam fades into that aimless final part.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

My Portland review: Awesome technology, dumb setlist. Phantogram made it worth it.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Citizen Rat posted:

Oh good, I am not the only one who thinks this. I know some people who really like that song and I just don't understand it.
For the record, it did in fact still suck live. As did Drones

They managed to make Undisclosed Desires really cool with the new setup though.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Muse starts 9:30ish

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMFJTZ9Go7Y
Even though this guy's got crappy seats this video does a good job of capturing what the full concert is like. Yes they're not playing nearly close to what they could do setlist-wise, but it's still an incredibly cool show if you consider yourself a Muse fan still.

I just wish the entire thing had visuals as cool as The Globalist, The Handler, and Undisclosed Desires. The Globalist especially, I forgot how psychedelic and awesome that production was. Even made me hear the later part of that song in a new light.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 23, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Seeing rumors they're collaborating with Florence + the Machine for "Bare Necessities" in the upcoming Jungle Book movie. :lol: but they're 2 of my favorites, so it owns.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

GTO posted:

I wonder if it's been on an advert or TV show or something?
well it was on that Batman video game commercial in the U.S. forever too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I consider BHAR to be in my top 3 favorite albums of all time. SMBH and Invincible are pretty cheesy, but in a way I actually like.

The 2nd half of the album though..

• Locked thread