Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

GTO posted:

Sounds like they will have a round stage this time and be in the middle of the stadium.

They'll have a 360° stage like U2 or any boyband from the past 15 years already had. I'm sure it'll be an amazing production (it always is), but I'm quite wary if this is the right move. You got three people on stage (okay, it's four. But the fourth touring member is basically invisible) two of which don't (Chris) or can't (Dom) move around all that much. Matt tries to rock out as much as possible, but he's stationary a lot as well for obvious reasons. I hope they'll make up that fact somehow, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I also have no clue how a mosh pit is supposed to find itself in a crowd that's standing around in a circle. I want to throw myself around during the classics :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Yeah, that's not the problem. I'm sure there will be one somewhere on the floor but there's like a poo poo ton more ground to cover and look for. What if I'm on the complete opposite side of where the action is taking place? I wouldn't even know and will be trapped between all the people that just want to clap along to Starlight like the last time (they played Survival as closer and people actually starting leaving the venue during the rock out part at the end because it was...too heavy I guess?).

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Pyro, confetti, everything. I rocked out so hard at that moment and then, after the song, looked around and people were just gone. It was really strange.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I also don't like that they are offering VIP packages. That is some Katy Perry level of ripping of your fans. Fo shame, Muse. Fo shame...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
This is the official VIP package for the tour:

Greedy rear end Muse posted:

- One (1) premium reserved ticket in rows 1-15 of the lower bowl or on the GA floor
- Access to designated VIP entrance with early access to the venue
- Admission to the exclusive MUSEum – an intimate and interactive experience allowing guests to relive the greatest moments in MUSE history and view private memorabilia and keepsakes from the last two decades (only available to friends, family and VIP guests of MUSE)
- Invitation to an exclusive VIP pre-show party in the Starlight Lounge with complimentary snacks and a cash bar*
- One (1) limited-edition MUSE tour poster designed exclusively for VIP guests
- One (1) VIP laminate
- Private ‘crowd-free’ merchandise shopping at the venue
- On-site concert concierge

*Local liquor laws apply

All for the very fair price of 195€ ($220) in Europe. No meet & greet, not even one drink included. It's basically a poster, a nicer ticket and a chance at buying merch a little earlier.

Here's a look at the floor plan for Munich.

Blue sections are VIP seats.

Look at that stage! If you're lucky you'll see about 35% of the show! I'm still looking forward to this, but all the info until now makes me quite nervous.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Giant ballons confirmed! I don't need anything else to be happy. I also like the one two punch with Mercy and Cydonia at the end.

And I'm fine with a setlist that's around 20 songs. Never got the longing for 3 hours+ sets even from my favorite bands. A good 90 minute set with that kind of production design is okay IMO.

Drones twice however is not. Once maybe, but not really. Twice is a crime.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Still, the fact that Madness gets guitar but Dead Inside doesn't is a loving crime.

The invisible fourth guy is playing guitar when Matt decides to go full Mercury.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Hedrigall posted:

They should either make Morgan a full fourth band member, and give him equal prominence on stage, in media, etc, or Matt should loving play the instruments he used to and they can use a laptop for the beep boop parts.

Morgan now does a lot of the piano Matt used to, as well as taking over more and more of the guitar duties.

Edit: This is like a few years ago when Rivers Cuomo decided he wanted to be the "front man" of Weezer instead of the lead guitarist, so he stopped playing instruments and the drummer became lead guitar while Rivers just strutted on stage holding a microphone.

On the newest album they actually wrote a song about what a stupid decision it was, and how they were going back to how things used to be.

Yeah, I don't like that either. If you need a permanent slot on stage for the music you write and perform and always have the same person doing that job (s)he should be a bigger part of the band. Same thing with Mike Vennart & Biffy Clyro. At least he now isn't pushed aside as he was at the beginning, but it's still strange how this kind of thing is treated. If you don't (have the ability to) take part in the creative process it's fine that you don't get the same treatment as anyone else. But to be put in the dark like Morgan (even I didn't now his name and I consider myself a big Muse fan. Only knew that it's the same person on stage) is really not cool.

AlexF fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 19, 2015

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Mercy is so cheesy that it comes back around being awesome, especially live. You can just pump your fist into air to the "Show me MEEEEEERCY" and that's all you really need. I hope it pushes Starlight out of the setlist forever. That is one dull song.

I mean, I wish that old stuff would push out most of the newer stuff, but I'd be happy if at least Starlight gets the axe. But people like to clap along so let's keep that sucker forever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
It's because they hate their own music and themselves for making it. They'd much rather go back to doing old stuff and obscure gigs but that is not possible any more.

See Biffy Clyro for a band on the same path.

Why, yes. I am that old fart at concerts who's just standing around during the new stuff and then totally goes bonkers for the two songs that don't suck for long time fans.

• Locked thread