Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
If you're using the aws codepipeline tooling I'd be interested in hearing how that's going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Punkbob posted:

stackdriver instead of splunk.

Don't you now need to be using gce to use stackdriver?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Would you not be able to create the users and set the uid/grid before installing what ever packages you need to ensure consistency?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
I need to automate schema changes to a aws rds database using vsts. Any suggestions?

fluppet fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 17, 2018

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

SnatchRabbit posted:

My company has automated a PeopleSoft linux deployment in AWS using mostly Cloudformation, CodeDeploy and Ansible playbooks. We now have to deploy PeopleSoft on Windows and we're running into some issues with Ansible, mainly that Ansible can't be run on a windows box without a linux control box. I've seen that there are some work arounds like installing Linux Sub System, or cygwin, but I don't know how nice those will work with our current linux playbooks. I'm just curious if anyone has run into a similar problem and either used Ansible or another orchestration tool like Terraform. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ansible runs fine under wsl or even docker

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Methanar posted:

redis is webscale

I thought that qas mongo

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

JHVH-1 posted:

I’m the overlord of our cloud. The gatekeeper. The automation man. I am the devop.

The job title cloud wrangler confuses vendors enought to make them leave you alone

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
You're not caching/artifacting and items between stages so unless you are running both stages on single runner in a shared workspace it wont work

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Requires you to know code commit/deploy/pipeline beanstalk opsworks and cloudformation and how to do HA RDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Hadlock posted:

I can't imagine deploying ansible as a greenfield solution in TYOOL almost 2024. It goes in the bin along with PHP labeled "neat easy to use technology that is long past it's prime"

So what's the new sexy alternative? Puppet/chef?