Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

I went and skimmed the SAFe website and let's just say the unabomber manifesto has never sounded so attractive.
I did too and Weird Al's "Mission Statement" started playing in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If any of you use Moq in your testing you should probably yank it out, or at the very least pin it at version 4.18

The project owner intentionally hid email-harvesting malware in a minor update yesterday.

https://github.com/moq/moq/issues/1372

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

All of his reasoning is honestly irrelevant. The fact that it was a compiled obfuscated binary that he tried to sneak in in a minor version bump with no previous discussion or approval from other contributors to the project proves his bad faith intentions.

Even if it "only" exfils a hash of the developer's email address (which is probably a GDPR violation already) who could trust that it stays that way?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Windows Wrangler
Java Jouster

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

We did some napkin math and our vmware licensing cost is likely going to at least triple (likely more) next year when it's time to renew, so now we're scrambling to find an alternative. We're using NSX so if we want to keep that we're stuck with the expensive licensing options.

poo poo sucks. I was hoping to do some interesting stuff this year, not spend it rebuilding what we already have just because some useless fuckwits want their third solid gold yacht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

At least OpenTofu is a drop-in replacement. Probably going to make that my task next week.

The license change last year was so transparently a step towards selling the company.