Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
A sales rep from our local isp called me to offer an upgrade to my current package. As we were chatting, I mentioned that I used to work for them, before I retired.

The rep politely asked me what I used to do there, to which I explained that I was one of the sysadmins for the entire build and deployment pipeline. She then asked me what I had worked on, to which I named a certain project.

She got really excited and told me that she couldn't believe she was talking to me right now.

I was a little confused until she explained that they were spinning up five or six new projects based on my work.

lol, If only I could get royalties, but that's not how big companies work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I think I remember how to set up a kubernetes container in Artifactory, but the devs in my last job would usually keep a local repo on their dev machine, IIRC.