Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I set up CI for a project using github actions, and it was really pleasant! The ease of direct integration is a huge plus for me, and the pricing is way easier to understand than whatever the gently caress CircleCI does.

I uh, somehow missed that OSX costs 10x more, though. I thought it was maybe 3x? Gonna have to cut lots of unnecessary poo poo, cus there go this month's minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
How do I handle non-idempotent e2e tests? I.E. how do I make an end-to-end test for a site's invite code flow work both in dev and in production? I need a valid invite code in the database to run the test, and I need to actually consume that code to finish the test. Locally I can just reset postgres between runs, but I can't do that in production. Do I make an API for the e2e test to hit to make sure the right data is populated? I don't have a lot of backend experience and I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

**this is serverless nextjs (vercel), the backend is supabase (managed postgres). there's currently no staging environment, just dev and prod.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 17, 2024