Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dust!!!
May 13, 2003

Woosh!

wwb posted:

Some of this probably has to do with limited seat time building stuff on macs but then again I got android building release / store ready signed artifacts inside of an hour so it can't be that tricky.

I'm the "automated Android and iOS builds" developer where I work. The actual process of building release artifacts can be very simple for both platforms. Getting to this point in iOS is much more difficult than it is with Android because of code signing.

Here's what I did:

Setup:
  1. Export signing identities using Xcode on dev computer (manager wasn't in favor of a separate build server account)
  2. Import signing identities on the build server
  3. Install Shenzhen (makes it really easy to build IPAs and distribute them)

The import step puts everything in a login keychain.

Current build script:
  1. security unlock-keychain (required to unlock the login keychain)
  2. ipa build (provided by Shenzhen)

The previous build script specified identity and the .mobileprovision filename. However, release build uploads started failing when we switched from a Mac Mini (setup by a consultant with his account) to a virtual Mac (setup by me). Builds were successful but were signed with the wrong certificate. The only way I knew to fix it was by using Xcode defaults for the identity and provisioning profile. Shenzhen can easily do that, so I used that instead of writing my own build script.

Thankfully, the build server is now capable of building all 60+ apps. The previous script used an incorrect provisioning profile for a few apps (despite matching bundle IDs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU