Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Puppet is much, much better in my opinion though I actually find Ansible the nicest of the bunch; Ansible doesn't try to make you worry as much about a dependency graph as Puppet does. Essentially an Ansible cookbook is a sequence of things to run on a server. Right now my job uses the whole cattle concept instead of pets so setting up Amazon images is a one-shot thing with Ansible (and then we snapshot the image for scaling purposes). At my previous role we had physical servers that were much longer lived, and the Puppet model of ensuring everything was always in the proper working order was great for that. So yeah, both have their strengths :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Is there any place that provides a SonarQube setup as a service? I'd like to use it for a couple Android projects but from what I understand the configuration and management (and integration with other services) is a total nightmare and I'd pay a lot to not think about it.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Thermopyle posted:

There was noise a while back about Herokus performance with high traffic sites. I think it was with the site Rap Genius.

Did that ever get addressed?
Yeah basically Heroku had two hosting systems, one legacy and one not legacy. The legacy one had a really terrible global load balancing algorithm and Heroku blogged like 12,000 words about how bad it was when all of the complaints were apparently non-existent in the modern (at the time even) Heroku offerings.