Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

There was noise a while back about Herokus performance with high traffic sites. I think it was with the site Rap Genius.

Did that ever get addressed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Install Linux putty, problem solved.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Deployment with Docker is AWS.

what?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Vulture Culture posted:

If you see AWS predominantly as an infrastructure play, then hoo boy are you underestimating Amazon.

I mostly use lambda nowadays, but I'd be interested in hearing what else you're talking about here as I don't really follow this space much.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

beuges posted:

Thanks for both these suggestions! I think I'll install PRTG for now, and play around with Prometheus until I have worked out how to configure it properly, and then decide which to stick with.

FWIW, I use InfluxDB+telegraf+grafana which works the same way the other person described Prometheus, but I find InfluxDB queries easier to write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Fair. The name I used when I first got on the internet (in the 90's, as I am super old) was extremely embarrassing and I'm glad I changed over to just pretending to be a fat old guy instead.

You're a step ahead of me...my posts and my were also super embarassing at that time. Every once in awhile I'll come across a post of mine on usenet from the early 90s and I just cringe.

(now they're just at a regular level of embarassing)