Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oh i didn't say this but top seed chooses play/draw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

gang sines posted:

Have to announce this at the start of the tournament. Judge!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
:I

jabor when u wanna throw down

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Procrastinator wrecked me, 1-2 his favor.

Game 1 I hit him with Emrakul and he came back with some nutty draw of second Cradle off the top, Reclamation Sage my thing, go off, and I can't find a Crop Rotation in 7 cards.

Game 2 we both kinda stalled out with Needles and Tabernacle vs Deathrites and not much else, eventually I landed Prime Time into Marit Lage.

Game 3 I mulled to 4 and he had the turn 3 Natural Order for lethal. Ouch.

Good times, though.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I continue to have a horseshoe up my rear end. Beat Ranpire 2-1.

g1: got hit by Emrakul, drew second Gaea's Cradle to go off with Glimpse into 2 hoofs.

g2: did a bunch of 1-for-1 trading with hate cards until he cast a Primeval Titan that I couldn't possibly beat. Fetched Stage-Depths for the kill the following turn.

g3: I mulliganed once, he mulliganed 3 times. I cast a Natural Order and he didn't have Force of Will.

EDIT: I forgot about the Reclamation Sage to unlock Heritage Druid. Game 1 was a blast.

DOUBLE EDIT: hahaha we're both stupid

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 12, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

Is top seed on the left?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

gang sines posted:

:I

jabor when u wanna throw down

This weekend is good, but if we see each other in IRC earlier that'd be cool too.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

Is top seed on the left?

yeah

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@troll toll lets play the card game. I am available most evenings and late afternoons.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Is that guy I'm supposed to play here

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

He's probably on his way home from Eternal Weekend. I sent him a Facebook message in case he's around.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I'm here. Let me know when you wanna play.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
i'll make a game

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Yo gangsines, why aren't we feature matching any of this top 8?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Cus troll toll roll mole ain't talkin to me.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Anime won 2-0.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Ok look: for my next round opponent, I seriously demand that we do the coin toss a different way

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ok look: for my next round opponent, I seriously demand that we do the coin toss a different way

I'll flip a coin. Post when you need the results.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yo top seed is supposed to go 1st guys whoever wins the flip should click the right dude

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Gangsines beats me 2-1 despite keeping no lands game 3. Jitte doin' work.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i said to my wife "ugh what is with these no land hands" and then hit keep accidentally.

jitte is a broken magic the gathering card. confirming 2-1.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Accidental keeps ftw

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
w0t are the pairings please

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
top 4:
1) TheLawinator vs Procrastinator
2) gang sines vs Big Anime Fan Here (0-2)

like last round player on the left chooses to play/draw

black potus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 18, 2015

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Oh... hahaha.... that's definitely the rule... totally doesn't seem like you're cheating lol. No big deal. hahaha.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Tried to dodge Procrastinator so hard... yet here we are.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
gangsines accepted taht I won even though I was drunk enough to press the buttons wrong a BUNCH of times

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I took advantage of gangsines satisfaction over having a wife and a happy life to win the game. THat's called "playing the odds"

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

#playingtomyouts #angleshooter

I just thought of a thing, gurmag angle shooter.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

So I finally have a pairing where I'm favored and it's a no-show. :negative:

Anyway, I'm not going to be available tonight except maybe late, and I'm not sure what's going on tomorrow yet. So I guess if you show up, ask for an extension and maybe I can play in the early afternoon Monday before I go to work or something.

Hey, I feel legitimately bad about bailing on you- let me know if you still want to play a game or something. :(

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Aiiiighty, my server is now running the latest and still not so greatest xmage. Update yer clients folks.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yo just as an update, this is still alive. proc is having health issues so he and law are discussing what to do. whoever advances there plays BAFH. the finals will be bo5 and i'll stream them, let me know if u wanna commentate.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
congrats to our finalists permabanned user Big Anime Fan Here and Procrastinator

BAFH is high seed so wins the coin flip (he needs the help anyway)

best of five will be played AT SOME POINT (probably Sunday) and will be streamed w/ commentating (so i need some bruhs to get on the line w/ me)

TheLawinator if you're up for it let's play an exhibition match (with silly nonsense decks??)

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

black potus posted:

congrats to our finalists permabanned user Big Anime Fan Here and Procrastinator

BAFH is high seed so wins the coin flip (he needs the help anyway)

best of five will be played AT SOME POINT (probably Sunday) and will be streamed w/ commentating (so i need some bruhs to get on the line w/ me)

TheLawinator if you're up for it let's play an exhibition match (with silly nonsense decks??)
Alright. We'll be the opening act? I'm down.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

I vote goblins mirror match

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Goblins, Elves, Merfolk, and Humans 2hg.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok i couldn't get a hold of bafh and with him perma'd this is a bitch to coordinate. thelawinator, procrastinator, if you guys are free saturday here's the plan (if not post times):

match 1: TheLawinator vs gang sines
match 2: winner of match 1 vs Procrastinator

high seed picks play/draw

if you want to commentate please post so that we can get that poo poo set up.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

You just want to play me in every tournament ever.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

he's a grinder and he tries hard :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i need revenge

• Locked thread