Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it is not too late! 10PM EST today is the deadline i have set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Logistics question - what kind of time limits are we going to have on rounds - does one player decide.

This is important for important legacy decks Worldgorger Combo and Four Horsemen.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

I shant be streaming my screen because I usually have terrible videos open in another window.
Helps me concentrate.

You're like the goon that used to watch cam girls while we played zombie games

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Going to just run the same list I run on MTGO, don't feel like typing it out so hopefully a visual is ok:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
does xmage have time limits?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The March Hare posted:

Going to just run the same list I run on MTGO, don't feel like typing it out so hopefully a visual is ok:

Im helping~~

4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
9 Island

4 Brainstorm
4 High Tide
4 Opt
2 Flusterstorm
4 Impulse
3 Remand
2 Snap
2 Snapcaster Mage
4 Reset
3 Cunning Wish
3 Meditate
4 Force of Will
4 Dig Through Time

SB:
1 Pact of Negation
1 Flusterstorm
1 Repeal
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Gut Shot
2 Brain Freeze
1 Echoing Truth
1 Snap
1 Meditate
1 Wipe Away
1 Blue Sun's Zenith
2 Turnabout
1 Ravenous Trap

EDIT IM A BAD TRANSCRIBEr/COUNTER

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 20, 2015

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

The March Hare posted:

drat, I was thinking about busting this out but now I wont feel original.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

I shant be streaming my screen because I usually have terrible videos open in another window.
Helps me concentrate.

I can share mine, and people can laugh as I hilariously ineptly play DDFT.

Also, don't worry DDFT-bro. if there's two of us we can double our chances!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

does xmage have time limits?

It has MODO-style time limits.

Definitely take the time to load your deck in xmage and verify that all the cards are implemented. There's also a risk that some cards are buggy in edge cases - I heard that Echoing Truth used to do weird things with face-down morphs, for example.

The one playable unimplemented card I noticed was Jotun Grunt.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lonely Bridge posted:

You're like the goon that used to watch cam girls while we played zombie games

Wow what a weirdo *tugs collar*

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

It has MODO-style time limits.

Definitely take the time to load your deck in xmage and verify that all the cards are implemented. There's also a risk that some cards are buggy in edge cases - I heard that Echoing Truth used to do weird things with face-down morphs, for example.

The one playable unimplemented card I noticed was Jotun Grunt.

ok so let's do 25 minutes per player for the three game matches and 50 per player for the finals?

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

I'm down. Here's my Burn deck:

MD:
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
2 Grim Lavamancer
4 Goblin Guide
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Price of Progress
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
2 Sulfuric Vortex
4 Fireblast
4 Chain Lightning
Lands:
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
12 Mountain
------------------------------------
SB: 3 Searing Blood
SB: 3 Pithing Needle
SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 Ashen Rider
SB: 3 Smash to Smithereens
SB: 2 Volcanic Fallout

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Lonely Bridge posted:

drat, I was thinking about busting this out but now I wont feel original.

Sorry bruh.

Zoness posted:

Im helping~~

/snip/

Thanks~

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TenjouUtena posted:

I can share mine, and people can laugh as I hilariously ineptly play DDFT.

Also, don't worry DDFT-bro. if there's two of us we can double our chances!

I'll stream DDFT too, I demand that everyone point out all the times I had lethal and didn't see it after the fact.
Full disclosure, I will also have the DDFT pile spreadsheet open on my second monitor.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I think I might be down to do this, with death and taxes or some kind of stompy deck.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I can't wait do to commentary for the burn decks and say "well... he's going to need to draw one of his 40 outs to this"

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Would anyone be interested in deck techs? I was thinking of doing one anyway just as a way of testing my recording setup, but if people are actually going to watch I'll actually put effort into it.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
wb bafh

we are at 29 will we hit 32 and get another round???

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I was going to submit a deck, but xmage doesn't have hidden gibbons. I'll have to go for something else.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Do we need decklists in by tonight? I need to decide what I'm playing! I should stop doing this at work! :backtowork:

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Would anyone be interested in deck techs? I was thinking of doing one anyway just as a way of testing my recording setup, but if people are actually going to watch I'll actually put effort into it.

I need to test recording too, now that you mention it, so I'll try my best to do the same.

Wait, is it easier to record, or to stream & let Twitch handle the recording?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Lonely Bridge posted:

Do we need decklists in by tonight? I need to decide what I'm playing! I should stop doing this at work! :backtowork:

decklists don't need to be in by tonight, just going to stop taking people so that we can start movin forward

if people are able to get lists in by the weekend that would be cool but i think that deadline can be more flexible because putting together a list is more work than posting "I'M IN"

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Doing deck techs is loving sweet

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm in, maybe running Sneak and Show because I was looking at building that IRL.

I'm on a laptop because I'm out of town for work. One issue I'm having right now with Xmage is that the stack window covers up my hand and I don't know how to see my full hand.

Also, I can't download the card images because hotel Internet is lovely. Is there any way to download just the images of the cards in my deck?

I guess if it comes to it I can just wait until I get home on Friday to set everything up. Will we be playing before then?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I'm down. I'll be making some delver list. might be grixis, probably izzet.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Doomsday players should probably fix their list so they're not running 7 Doomsdays.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

odiv posted:

I'm in, maybe running Sneak and Show because I was looking at building that IRL.

I'm on a laptop because I'm out of town for work. One issue I'm having right now with Xmage is that the stack window covers up my hand and I don't know how to see my full hand.

Also, I can't download the card images because hotel Internet is lovely. Is there any way to download just the images of the cards in my deck?

I guess if it comes to it I can just wait until I get home on Friday to set everything up. Will we be playing before then?

i'll post pairings once everyone's posted a decklist, and then you can schedule match w/ your opponent whenever is convenient for you, so if you need to hold off until the weekend to play your games that'll work out

born on a buy you posted:

Doomsday players should probably fix their list so they're not running 7 Doomsdays.

8 actually there's one in the board :D

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

born on a buy you posted:

Whoops. drat. (fixed)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

gang sines posted:

8 actually there's one in the board :D

MUCH better.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Looks like we have a pretty diverse list of decks here.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Okay, I'll play, once I figure out this X-mage thing.

Now, to play janky miracles or old-school delver...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Legacy at a big tournament may be metagame dependent and ruled by tier denominations, but if you ask a bunch of deeply-invested non-professional M:tG players to come out and play their favorite Legacy decks, you are going to see some weird poo poo. :allears:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The Doomsday representation is already several magnitudes greater than what you'd normally experience in a tournament. Great job everyone.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
we are at 32 peeps!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Home with a bad Elves list:

1 Craterhoof Behemoth
3 Deathrite Shaman
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Visionary
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
1 Fierce Empath
4 Heritage Druid
1 Llanowar Elves
1 Fyndhorn Elf
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Priest of Titania
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Wirewood Symbiote

3 Summoner's Pact
4 Glimpse of Nature
4 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Dryad Arbor
1 Bayou
1 Savannah
1 Forest
4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Windswept Heath

SB:
3 Leyline of Lifeforce
1 Essence Warden
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Joraga Warcaller
1 Qasali Pridemage
1 Reclamation Sage
3 Rest in Peace
4 Abrupt Decay

Network42 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 20, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
e: not that useful

Jeskai Blade seems p low on representation which is good because from experience I hate that deck.

Also hooray for an elves player.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 20, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
UWR Stoneblade is my main paper deck, I'm running Nic Fit because I need the practice. I'll probably have them both build on XMage for pickup games.

Edit: For anyone still deciding on a deck, use this! http://imgur.com/r/all/RTapUfo

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 20, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TheLawinator posted:

I think I might be down to do this, with death and taxes or some kind of stompy deck.
Someone please play 10 land stompy. We need to get as many fringe decks in as possible.

Would anyone be interested in practicing over Skype later? Or heck, we could even use the camping the stairs mumble which would be really good for anyone trying to comment on live matches.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
There's a minor chance I can make it in with a second Solidarity build. I'll check back in before the deadline if I'm a yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Hobojim posted:

Okay, I'll play, once I figure out this X-mage thing.

Now, to play janky miracles or old-school delver...

Delver it is! Here's my list:

4x Goblin Guide
4x Delver of Secrets
3x Snapcaster Mage
2x Grim Lavamancer

4x Brainstorm
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Force of Will
2x Daze
3x Spell Pierce
3x Price of Progress

4x Chain Lightning