Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i got a couple zelda bonus discs from this in like 2003. well, see ya later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have enough coins to get super punch out or super metroid but it also says there will be more rewards come feb. i will probably wait till then, but having super metroid would be pretty dope

lol nvm those are for the wii but i only have a 3ds. i guess i could get wario land ii but no i think not

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
nintendo club was cool cuz i could buy games on ebay, even wii games, and a lot of the time the code would be unredeemed so it was like a new game. they don't give any details on what's "in store" to replace nintendo club, but i got a bad feeling about it..

also once i found a box for pokemon soul silver in the trash and grabbed the nintendo code out of it.

zelgadis fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 20, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slur posted:

Considering how shafted both Europe and North America got in comparison to Japan's Club Nintendo program, I'm looking forward to seeing the new customer benefit program.

if there is one

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
this sucks, time to spend some coinage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just checked and i have 0 coins. i just had like 270. did they just wipe them? the gently caress

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just checked and i have 0 coins. i just had like 270. did they just wipe them? the gently caress

it does that sometimes when its under high stress, you still have your coins

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I only need 20 coins for platinum.

Imps, what game should I buy to finish off plat before the deadline?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i have enough coins to get super punch out or super metroid but it also says there will be more rewards come feb. i will probably wait till then, but having super metroid would be pretty dope

gonna wait it out as well, maybe they will show rewards i dont already have

also buy a wiiu

quote:

Imps, what game should I buy to finish off plat before the deadline?

mario galaxy 2 gets you 20 coins and it's 10 bucks

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

quote:

mario galaxy 2 gets you 20 coins and it's 10 bucks

I wish the prime trilogy was out already, I would get that in a heartbeat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
so save these 480 coins for feb and hope they have cooler stuff? i hope they dont mysteriously expire :x

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I never once took advantage of Club Nintendo. :negative:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

You'll be missed, Club Nintendo. You gave me some games, some shoelaces, and three separate 3DS game holders. :waycool:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Basically anything would give me 20 points right?

I think I'll look through the shop and just grab some old SNES or gameboy game that I never got around to playing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I never once took advantage of Club Nintendo. :negative:

i havent bought very many nintendo thnigs in many many years, but every time i visit my mom I round up all the codes from the games she and my sisters had bought and ccash em in. I got some mario hat that would be great if at any point in my life i needed to look like mario

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Bobnumerotres posted:

if there is one

Nintendo confirmed in their public statement that there would be one, to which nobody has any information about bar speculation.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slur posted:

Nintendo confirmed in their public statement that there would be one, to which nobody has any information about bar speculation.

oh sweet. well it's not like it could be worse.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh sweet. well it's not like it could be worse.

what if you paid $10 every month to get balloon fight and kirbys pinball land

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

what if you paid $10 every month to get balloon fight and kirbys pinball land

i was paying god knows what for games and getting that from club nintendo anyway, so that's not worse

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i was paying god knows what for games and getting that from club nintendo anyway, so that's not worse

you were paying for the games!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
a nintendo version of ps+ with rotating VC access would be cool

but it'd have to be cheap

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

you were paying for the games!

yeah but the free bonus stuff should be better! i should be awarded for being a nintendo gamer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah but the free bonus stuff should be better! i should be awarded for being a nintendo gamer

are you rewarded with good games

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you were rewarded with the thousands of great quality games nintendo has made for you to purchase

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

being a nintendo gamer is its own reward

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope the new program is good. rip club nintendo.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Time to poo poo this thread up with my wii u pad drama.

My old neighbor was a heroin addict and broke and and stole some poo poo, of which was a guitar, a wii u pad, and the copper pipes in our basement.

We got the guitar back from the pawn shop but the wii u pad was already flipped I guess so now I need one of those fuckers.

Haven't unpacked the wii u console yet and I'm not looking forward to it. The only games I have are new Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart. Does the system even function without the tablet or can I play games?

If not I gotta start looking at where to get another one of these fuckers

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
what happened to the pipes, though?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Basically season 1 of the wire

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I hope those Hanafuda cards come back.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I've had pretty good luck with club nintendo. Got the Luigi diorama, Mario kart medals and the hanafuda cards. Wish I could have just got games with it though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

crazkylo posted:

I hope those Hanafuda cards come back.

they suck and were tiny, ill sell umine

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

also buy a wiiu

one day, i would like to.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i wish i had gotten that game and watch DS game that they had as a prize a few years ago

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I hope whatever they replace it with gets some better kinds of rewards. Australian one is terrible. why yes I want to spend my coins on a ringtone or wallpaper for my PC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you could also never accumulate enough coins for any of the good poo poo. they had a cool shirt with NES samus firing at blocks from Mario Bros but it was 700 loving coins

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

Bobnumerotres posted:

you could also never accumulate enough coins for any of the good poo poo. they had a cool shirt with NES samus firing at blocks from Mario Bros but it was 700 loving coins

And like all good Nintendo things, they only made like 3, and it'll take months to realize maybe they should make more. If they ever.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

im going through all my game cases trying to enter codes but every time I enter one it logs me out of my account. wtf nintendo

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Bobnumerotres posted:

I just saw someone at a card shop wearing that. So that's where he got it from. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that's 10 new full price games. nintendo doesn't even release that many games between wipes christ

• Locked thread