Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

some of the games i got weren't crap. rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BrettRobb posted:

Time to poo poo this thread up with my wii u pad drama.

My old neighbor was a heroin addict and broke and and stole some poo poo, of which was a guitar, a wii u pad, and the copper pipes in our basement.

We got the guitar back from the pawn shop but the wii u pad was already flipped I guess so now I need one of those fuckers.

Haven't unpacked the wii u console yet and I'm not looking forward to it. The only games I have are new Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart. Does the system even function without the tablet or can I play games?

If not I gotta start looking at where to get another one of these fuckers

If you didn't turn it on yet then you're hosed. Otherwise you could get away with using the Pro Controllers/Wii remotes. Try calling Nintendo about it.

P.S. Murder the poo poo out of your old neighbor though.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

that's 10 new full price games. nintendo doesn't even release that many games between wipes christ

bought a system then

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i got the year of luigi psoter set.. kind of regret it and wish i ahd gottena tshirt, i will probably never use them

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I mean I got a bunch of free downloadable games, all of them good, and a majora's mask soundtrack. That's not bad stuff to have for simply buying games you were gonna get regardless.

Hope the new program is good. I'll miss you club nintendo and your assorted crapshoot reward selections.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Platinum here I come!

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 21, 2015

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

asvodel posted:

Never mind I didn't know that systems and eShop games do count. so I probably have enough to get platinum, may as well see what comes out for it this year.

Except you get shafted by registration windows closing, like I have 100 never redeemable coins from stuff like mario 3d world

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Good. I was tired of having to constantly explain to them why I wanted to play the millionth Mario sequel just to get some plastic garbage or 20 year old rom at the end of the year. I'm sure that my answers were far from helpful anyway.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I got a Pikmin carrier bag thanks to Club Nintendo. What will become of you? I am not sure, but the future is exciting, isn't it?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

They region locked the codes, so gently caress 'em.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

Club Nintendo has historically been poo poo in the UK, the good stuff always sold out in under 10 seconds thanks to having all of Europe to fight against for it.

North america sells more 3dses than everywhere in the world that is not japan combined tho

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I spent 200 coins on the NES Legend of Zelda, and now they announced"dozens" more games coming before the end and I kind of regret it. I bet I have shitloads of old unredeemed codes lying around

Free games are more useful to me than like a shirt or whatever. I own clothes thanks.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

filling out those surveys is dull as poo poo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

filling out those surveys is dull as poo poo

Ok but there's no way they could have made that exciting or anything really :shrug:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What source would you say was the most influential in your purchase decision?

> telepathic message
> anonymous smoke signal
> brief cameo in your favorite tv show
> it showed up in the mailbox
> ad in a non-gaming magazine

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
If Donkey Kong on Game Boy is still up there, snag it with your coins before it goes away. one of my favorites.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I was greatly disappointed in the lack of Fire Emblem merchandise throughout the existence of Club Nintendo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
205 to plat and I missed 100 worth of surveys and registrations. drat it why do they expire

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

drat this sucks. i always end up getting some random poo poo every year that's always awesome

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!
i'm boring & love filling poo poo out so the idea of doing that AND getting rewarded with novelty nintendo crap was honestly pretty appealing, although i'm sure whatever new rewards system that gets put in place will be an improvement. they did a pretty poor job of advertising CN and nobody i know who plays games even knew it existed, so im not surprised it finally kicked the bucket lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

205 to plat and I missed 100 worth of surveys and registrations. drat it why do they expire

this is probably a big part of the reason they're doing away with it. the whole thing is just really clunky and inconvenient

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
1455 coins... Hope February's selection is worth it...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the gently caress

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:worship:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had a copy of kirby's dreamland sitting around i borrowed from a friend years ago, the code was still valid for it and i nabbed 50 coins. just need 70 more for gold. im sure i'll have another 20 for punch-out tomorrow.

do they do post-play surveys for Mario Galaxy 2? if so I need to play that a bit more for that little coin bump.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thats what like $1400

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

Rudoku posted:

P.S. Murder the poo poo out of your old neighbor though.

Such are the caveats of using my real name as my username.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Thats what like $1400

probably closer to 1000$ with all the post play surveys and bonus coins and stuff

so he might get a cool shirt + poster out of febuary, if even that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

Thats what like $1400

I used all the codes from the 40 or so eligible DS games I had saved up to get plat last year

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Club Nintendo kinda sucked anyway. Apparently Nintendo's also pulling out of Brazil for being "too expensive or something."

Anyway, does anyone have any codes they don't mind parting with? I'm 80 coins away from the Smash posters.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have so many surveys to fill out -_-

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Club Nintendo kinda sucked anyway. Apparently Nintendo's also pulling out of Brazil for being "too expensive or something."

Anyway, does anyone have any codes they don't mind parting with? I'm 80 coins away from the Smash posters.

i think you really want to hold out for feb because they may actually offer cool poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think you really want to hold out for feb because they may actually offer cool poo poo

itsd probably gonna be whatever poo poo they have leftover from everything they gave away before, and everything physical will be sold out in minutes while the site dies

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i have 800 coins now, had a friend give me all his unused codes

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book posted:

i have so many surveys to fill out -_-

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

itsd probably gonna be whatever poo poo they have leftover from everything they gave away before, and everything physical will be sold out in minutes while the site dies

yeah but imagine if they offer good digital deals

lmao

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i got a Mario tote bag from Club Nintendo. that's about it

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
I'm currently at 1700, just a bit further...

Bobnumerotres posted:

so he might get a cool shirt + poster out of febuary, if even that

Pretty much, I mean, I did get a gold nunchuk and a game and watch, but over several years that was like the only stuff ever worth it.

Flying Squirrel fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 22, 2015

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Flying Squirrel posted:

I'm currently at 1700, just a bit further...

*tries to gauge his nintendo power level but the scouter explodes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

*tries to gauge his nintendo power level but the scouter explodes*

my post play surveys havent come in yet

• Locked thread