Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, ignoring all the gross and eye-rolling parts of the movie, the worst aspect of it is it's boring as hell. All of the war scenes have been done to death before(the most interesting war scene was the one used in the trailer, and it's the very first scene in the movie) and there seemed to be no passion in it.

Then whenever it cut to him at home and threatened to get even slightly interesting they'd undercut it or cut straight back to the war. It was run-of-the-mill boring with an added layer of racism and an air of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

xzoto1 posted:

This movie sounds like it could have been great if it actually depicted Chris Kyle as a maniac rather than hanging from his nuts. I haven't seen it yet, but from what I gather that's how it plays out...

Exactly. If they'd leaned into it hard and had him, like, finding WMD's and killing carjacking thugs and poo poo it would have been something at least.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Also doesn't show him finding WMD's.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I think it's best if all of us just remember how great and beautiful Unforgiven is.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Arkane posted:

Seems like he served his time admirably

Naw.

He was a weird as gently caress dude that they made a boring movie about.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

lol coming in all "Who? What? Me?"

Come on.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

teagone posted:

[edit] What did I do? Yall need to loving chill.

Says the person who made a whole page about themselves because someone thought their post sucked.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

teagone posted:

I didn't do that on purpose. Everyone feels the need to poo poo on me for whatever reason because I told some goon to gently caress off, despite my saying I've since opened up to a better view of how this film is an irresponsible act on Clint's part. Amazing.

Because you opened it with "what? This content didn't deserve that! I'll have you know blah blah blah"

Like, chill. It's great you're reading the book. Fine.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

teagone posted:

Amazing.

teagone posted:

unbelievable.

Okay

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Cole posted:

yeah but who cares about politics, just talk about the movie bro

this ain't d&d

I get why people are talking about the family/politics/real story/etc.

Movie's boring as poo poo. You need something to latch onto.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Cole posted:

Because at the end of the day, it is exactly the same thing American Sniper is: a movie.

Yeah, but The Blair Witch Project is a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Smoothrich posted:

Glad I'm not alone in thinking a lot of you guys are way off about this movie. It's like people's politics are controlling their feelings. Same movie but it took place in Vietnam? People don't give a poo poo about that history anymore and would probably feel bad for the elite sniper. Maybe turn him into an alcoholic too or something. A classic.

I agree. If you changed a bunch of stuff about this movie it may have been good.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

The movie doesn't need to be anti war to be good.

I agree with this too. A movie can be both pro-war and good. This one isn't though.

• Locked thread