Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Just got back from this. Very powerful. Probably the most anti-war movie made in quite a while. Now that I think about it, I don't think ive ever seen an anti-war movie for a war passed Vietnam. This was a nice breath of fresh air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Haha, what? Are you joking? drat near every war movie post-Vietnam is antiwar.

I don't mean movies made passed the 1970's. I mean movies made about wars that took place after Vietnam. You don't see too many Desert Storm movies/Iraq/Afghanistan movies with similar messages to Born on the 4th of July or Platoon.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Eh, Hurt Locker and Jarhead aren't even in the same ballpark as Born on the 4th of July/Platoon.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Wow, the Baghdad theater audience response to this was not what I was expecting at all. Did you guys see this?

This movie really is one of the most crazy anti-war movies of the last 10 years for sure. We haven't seen an anti war movie this powerful since some of the (sometimes over the top) Vietnam films. Platoon for example.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
The tears this movie has made has been worth it. The most anti war movie since Platoon is considered a "jingoist pro war movie" in 2015. loving LOL!!!!

This is the movie I'm going to show to my 15 year old sons to convince them to never join the military. Seriously, what movie made in the last 10 years is more anti war than this? This movie is the best thing to happen to the anti-war movement in at least the last 5 years by far.

• Locked thread