Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Sinnlos posted:

American Sniper delivers multiple messages, including the harm that PTSD does. However, the largest takeaway is that ARE TROOPS are heroes and Chris Kyle is the biggest hero of them all and was able to get over PTSD by killing a really bad man and through sheer willpower.
His brother, eager to leave Iraq is a pussy. Chris Kyle, real hero, knows what must be done and PTSD is just part of the sacrifice and he doesn't REALLY have it.

I feel like the film doesn't present PTSD in such an honest way either, though. In the film, I think, Kyle is presented as a super protector of the American domicile and accordingly his PTSD comes from his inability to save people. This would also be why at the end he's able to "get over" his PTSD by helping people. I'm not sure that the film shows that what he did to Iraqis ever actually weighed on him at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread