Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

dusty posted:

max fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
It certainly looks like England is doomed if they can't pick up a few quick wickets here.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Last time White was in the team he had turned into a walking wicket so he picked up just where he left off.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Why would you have a scrub fielder like Jimmy Anderson at short midwicket?
Because he's not a scrub fielder?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maxwell edged a ball to third man and Brayshaw just acted as if he hit the most amazing shot we've ever seen wtf

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

Maxwell edged a ball to third man and Brayshaw just acted as if he hit the most amazing shot we've ever seen wtf

He's played that right off the edge! This man is a talent machine!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Why do the selectors insist on going for proven losers. Like white and darsh.
White is a good one day bat, deserved a chance

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The "I have x race friends, and they have never been offended by offensive thing" is something that would be lampooned in a late season simpson episode. It's a pathetic thing to say.

OK say Brendon McCullum is known in the team for loving KFC, is it alright to make jokes about his love of KFC? I would assume you would say yes. If amongst the same group of guys Ross Taylor also loves KFC, there must be no jokes about his love of KFC because Knuc U Knite has racist ideas about Samoans so whoever jokes about Ross is racist?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
What a dullard.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Bevo is in a bit early tonight isn't he?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

If Faulkner can get a not out here, that would be impressive

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
If he does it here, it will be a legitimate Bevo innings.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

OK say Brendon McCullum is known in the team for loving KFC, is it alright to make jokes about his love of KFC? I would assume you would say yes. If amongst the same group of guys Ross Taylor also loves KFC, there must be no jokes about his love of KFC because Knuc U Knite has racist ideas about Samoans so whoever jokes about Ross is racist?

It's that grey area of intent versus context.

Say a black female tennis player has the impressive musculature of a silver-back gorilla, but if a commentator describes her as such he'll be falling into the morass of societal racism that surrounds black people and sports women in particular. Best for us all if the commentator just shuts his gob lest we drown under 888-screeds from the offended - this is why morons with microphones earn the big bucks as professionals.

Taylor could have a KFC tattoo for all I know, but laughing that the one PI guy on the field must be a fried chicken fiend is always gonna be dumb

tl/dr best commentators don't talk about anything except WASP

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dusty posted:

Are the NZ Sky commentators worse than ever? yes It's a crying shame more of them can't be removed for max fixing. Even Ian Smith is a fuckwad these days - too much exposure to the cunts who call the rugby. Whoever is providing the Sri Lankan colour commentary is just a whinging little bitch.

I've just had to turn the Sky audio off. On the plus side the endless stream of scrotum and poo jokes on the ACC is pretty solid - even with audio 30 seconds out of sync it's preferable to the double intellects of Squeaky Styris and Simon Drool.

Acc is so loving good.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

dusty posted:

Is there somewhere online you can see the WASP of ongoing games?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dusty posted:

It's that grey area of intent versus context.

Say a black female tennis player has the impressive musculature of a silver-back gorilla, but if a commentator describes her as such he'll be falling into the morass of societal racism that surrounds black people and sports women in particular. Best for us all if the commentator just shuts his gob lest we drown under 888-screeds from the offended - this is why morons with microphones earn the big bucks as professionals.

Taylor could have a KFC tattoo for all I know, but laughing that the one PI guy on the field must be a fried chicken fiend is always gonna be dumb

The legalise cannabis party has my vote.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
i'm still in shock that england managed to hit over 300

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Stop insinuating I made up the Samoan kfc thing you dull oval office.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

England are bowling too straight to Smith. I know it looks as if a good straight one would finish him off but I'm pretty sure he walks across to encourage teams to bowl on his stumps because he doesn't do it every time he bats.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

IceAgeComing posted:

i'm still in shock that england managed to hit over 300
They should have made over 330, after their start 303 was a hugely disappointing total

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Bevo...

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao gently caress this team bats deep.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Steven Smith's middle name is Devereux

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

Steven Smith's middle name is Devereux

It was his Grandpa's name leave him alone ya bully.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haddin is such an oaf.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
knuc u knight, are you

a) regretting bringing up the kfc thing?
b) glad you bought up the kfc thing?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Tasgoon spotted.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

gif of that please

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

lol at fat goon

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

gif of that please

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cricket is amazing really. Could be mark Cosgrove tbh.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
cricinfo captures the moment;

"A fairly rotund spectator dives over the boundary hoarding and falls into the playing area in a doomed attempt at fielding the ball"

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
makes me wonder if he might've been more successful if fried chicken was involved what do you think nuck u nite?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Here's a vine of it from alt cricket https://vine.co/v/OIt9vlWKpxT

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Smith better get his 100 quick or Haddin is going to take the rest of the runs.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

MacDougall posted:

It doesn't look like Smith is that bothered. He's just happy to put haddin on strike at the moment.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

MacDougall posted:

Healy heard you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lol maybe he is bothered. He just loving creamed Anderson.