Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The Nards Pan posted:

So have the Black Caps said anything about Milne? Any indication if he is going to play tomorrow?

He's out for both the Dunedin games but might possibly play in Wellington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

He's better than loving Guptill.

Stats might disagree

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

adamantium|wang posted:

He's a white, wealthy Australian male. You're being far too kind to him.

And of course the thing that makes Warner much worse than all the other racist Australian dickheads is that he is really, really genuinely stupidly thick to go along with it. He's the complete package really.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

goatface posted:

I was about to say nice things about Dan Vettori, and then he did that.

Got the in form player on strike with a few balls left in the innings?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Looks like Brendon wrote himself one of those notes, he's got the day off today.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Mills did quite well there I think we could have had a shot at the improbable victory if Southee wasn't such a doofus with the bat.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

dusty posted:

Taylor's loving gently caress up face, lol

I had hoped he'd have a great career, but I reckon he wont. Lovely technique, but Taylor self destructs on the field like Ryder does off it.

Well he averages over 40 in both forms of the game so i'd say he's doing alright for himself so far.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Are you guys saying that Ross Taylor is actually thick or that he just makes poor decisions on the field?

He seems like a decent enough guy from the interviews i've seen, I don't know where this retarded stuff is coming from

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't have my sky so I can't sync it. :negative:

If you listen straight off the iheart website on your computer it's only slightly ahead of the TV so it's alright to listen to without adjustment.

e. if you really want i think you can load it in VLC and adjust it to be in sync on using that

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 31, 2015

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah he's been absolute quality. I wanted Neesham or BJ as I thought they were slightly better and, especially Neesham, will be around for a while. Happy to be wrong ☺

Have to say that I would be leaning towards Mills and Vettori to join Southee and Boult as our starting attack Vs Sri Lanka

I'd agree except i'd probably have Mccleneghan instead of Boult for that raw wicket taking power.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah I didn't like her when she was just on The Cricket Show and I sure as hell don't like her more after all these inane cutaway interviews saturating the coverage. Goes to show any one of us could have made a career out of hanging around at the cricket if only we were an attractive women who bones cricketers.

How many of them has she boned?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also lol at Smorgasbord the racist retard implying that laura mcgoldrick is a ladder climbing slut for marrying a cricketer.

Well she's an attractive woman hanging around cricket grounds, she's boning the lot of them no doubt!!! obviously that's why they keep her around lol heh heh

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

I would include pushing for less crap and more insight to be part of a sport broadcasters role especially in relation to their own contribution. She fails completely on that measure. Her segments are the worst part of the cricket coverage in New Zealand hands down.

She is just doing her job man. Less crap and more insight is kind of a lost cause when it comes to sports coverage the world over anyway. A perfectly competent presenter doing fluff pieces is hardly the worst offender in that area.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doull loving sucks rear end. He talks endlessly about poo poo he doesn't know dick about and he constantly fucks up the most important part of being a cricket commentator; calling the cricket.

He's on TV, it's much less important to actually call the cricket when the viewer can see what's going on.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

If someone score a century and there's no one around to see it, did it ever really happen?

It didn't officially happen because warm up games don't count

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Guys what does everyone think of the graphics

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
NZ win

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Applecross WC. posted:

gently caress, warner out.

Good.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Quasimango posted:

But obviouly it's thicker bats that are the culprit in batsmen dominance.

Yeah obviously the bats have no effect.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

thepokey posted:

This is so poo poo. Is it just because they want to try and encourage people to go to the non-Australia matches rather than watching at home or is it general Nine fuckery? There's something like 42 matches before the finals begin and they're showing a total of 10. Surely utilise Gem for some of the non-Australian matches.

They probably just didn't want to pay for the rights to all those matches.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pvt. Public posted:

What the gently caress, Gayle.

Hahahaha, the songs they have played after the Irish take wickets have been horrible. The awful DJ at the ground has a terrible sense of humor.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I think Ireland are going to win

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

-Spiffy- posted:

Pretty sure I just heard another "Ah you oval office" behind the stumps.

Think that was the batsman

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

ireland have currently scored 100 more runs than the West Indies had until this point - they've consistently been around 6.5 runs an over at all points while the West Indies didn't score at all between 10 and 35, but then west mental at the end.

You can tell they don't care with that drop

I don't know, that was the captain, he seemed mad with himself. If anyone in the team cares it should be the captain at least

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

is there a reason bar "We need an India-Pakistan game!!!" that they don't go for a four groups of four thing? They did it in 2007 and that was a very bad tournament, but that was for reasons other than the structure (although the super 8s are lovely)

Funnily enough I think the reason for the current tournament's structure is so that every team was guaranteed 6 games at least. And now the minnows are being removed because there are too many games in the tournament? how does that work, just change up the structure.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

zakharov posted:

I cannot believe how stupid this schedule is. Why is there only one game per day?

Not enough commentators to go around.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Some days including weekends will have 2 games but yeah there really should be 2 every day, especially the games involving the minnows.

e:

Ten years ago today the first T20 International was played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewK5gJ4wEIw

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 16, 2015

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fong posted:

Anyone know what Ross Taylor and Brendon McCullum have averaged the past like, 5 games? I don't remember either of them making a mark, both of them are out for another sad score in this game too.

e: I guess McCullum did ok against SL?

Brendon averaged 39 in the SL series before the World Cup

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Often seems to be the case chasing a small score the batsman fluff about and make hard work of it

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I would really like to think that the reason this is happening is because no-one is bothering. Guess we'll find out when we play Australia.

Yeah, small totals mess with the mind a bit and cause a bit of batting silliness. Not that there was ever any chance they wouldn't chase it down

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Complaints about scheduling is the new complaints about graphics

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

zakharov posted:

Wow that was a terrible call

Welcome to cricket, not sure why they didn't refer it though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah the umpire has to call for a review there.

It's up to the teams to call for a review

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes, but the umpire can also call for a review himself, right?

No, he just makes his decision straight away.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pvt. Public posted:

The fiercest.

edit: And Shenwari gets done for landing in the danger area. Lovely. Wasn't one of the Pakistanis given two warnings? He clearly only got one.

No I think it's a one warning then you're finished. I've never actually seen that happen as far as i remember.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah it's odd, Mominul usually comes in at 3.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I don't know anything about Afghanistan's batting but i'm guessing that total will be enough for Bangladesh.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Davfff posted:

i don't know anything about something but i'll make a judgement on it anyway

I don't have anything to add to the conversation but i'm going to post anyway

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I know exactly what you were implying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Scylo posted:

it was a really poor use of my subs and i should have just got shakib :(

You'll get a decent amount of wickets, Mushfiqur got some runs and one of them will probably get man of the match bonus, you'll get some good points.