Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Smith better get his 100 quick or Haddin is going to take the rest of the runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

The crowds have been mental this year. I dunno what they changed, but I have been more engaged this year than the others.

I was watching every game pretty much until the Australian Open started and stole their timeslots.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

It looks like it was a normal wicket and it also looks like it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwT9DlQQyME

I found two videos both of which were recorded off a VCR apparently

What the gently caress is that language? Why do Indians who talk about cricket use Indian words for everything except like Quarter Final, Umpire, 20/20 and poo poo? Surely there is an Indian word for quarter and final?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

adamantium|wang posted:

I still have no goddamned clue why 9 use their HD channel to broadcast 70 year old movies instead of sports.

The cost of broadcasting sports in HD on their secondary digital networks are greater than the money their advertisers would be willing to pay for slots on a secondary channel once they realise the Australian TV audience wouldn't watch games not involving Australia. Compared with the cost of $0 for pulling a lovely old re-run out of the library of crap with lovely advertisers that pay them too much for the slot, it's probably financially not entirely stupid compared to the possible risk of making more money broadcasting Zimbabwe vs. Bermuda to an audience of 5,000 and pissing off their advertisers who get no return on investment, if they can even convince any advertisers to pay premium for sports because if they can't then they run the risk of devaluing the advertising on their telecasts entirely because they'd have to drop the costs which could set a dangerous precedent for the rest of their coverage. Casual Australian cricket fans won't watch other teams play unless there is nothing else on. During the weekdays the viewing figures would suuuuck and during the night they have to compete with the latest episode of My Kitchen Rules and poo poo. They are still co-facilitating the broadcasts for international markets so then again you're probably right.

Of course all that aside, it's probably wrong and Nine are probably just run by monkeys pushing buttons.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I wish I could watch the Afghanistan Sri Lanka match on TV today but I guess not.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Okay off with the spinners now.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Faulkner is such a handy cricketer.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Chandimal robbed of a career defining innings by his lovely strings.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
What? Oh.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Could be worse. Could be a piece of poo poo.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Aussies just lucky Chandimal got hurt.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

The Deadly Hume posted:

Sooo, still a few games to play but New Zealand vs Bangladesh and Ireland vs Pakistan are the ones to watch for the final standings.

Pool A
1 New Zealand -10 (BAN)
2 Australia - 7 (SCO)
3 Bangladesh - 7 (NZL)
4 Sri Lanka - 6 (SCO)
----
5 EngLOL - 2 (AFG)
6 Afghanistan - 2 (ENG)
7 Scotland (AUS & SLA)

Pool B
1 India - 8 (IRE & ZIM)
2 South Africa - 6 (UAE)
3 Pakistan - 6 (IRE)
4 Ireland - 6 (IND & PAK)
5 West Indies - 4 (UAE)
----
6 Zimbabwe - 2 (IND)
7 UAE - 0 (RSA & WI)

Pool B's still up in the air. IRE v PAK is the very last round-robin game and there'll be a fair bit hanging on it, so who the gently caress knows which Pakistan will turn up against Ireland, plus there's net run rates to think about. West Indies should beat the UAE, Ireland probably won't beat India but have some chance if they play Bad Pakistan, if Ireland lose both, the Windies will edge past them into fourth on run-rate.

I think India and South Africa will probably finish 1st and 2nd, so that looks like India and Australia in bracketed in one half of the knockout and South Africa and New Zealand in the other. None of these teams will be playing England in the quarters.

I love this post.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
What are Bangladesh paying head to head vs. NZ?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

RideTheSpiral posted:

I say missing three runouts, colliding for a catch in the outfield and getting hit for a six to lose in the last over is pretty close to a choke imo.

Yep. Choke as gently caress.

ODI cricket best cricket.

I'll be supporting NZ against Australia. gently caress my place of birth I'm supporting the good guys.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I said I'd support NZ against Australia. But I won't be supporting India.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Best case is they plug away from about 2 more overs of Kohli feeling it around and then get another wicket and the game will be back to square. Starc has to come back on now.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Kohli done hosed up. Plugged away about 12 dot balls then got out for gently caress all. Good work buddy.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This thread is making me want India to win. I feel sick.

It's okay to want NZ to win, but India. gently caress.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Sheesh I dunno what I'd do if I was Clarke. If you bring on Maxwell or Watson you run the risk off letting these guys get set, but you can't just bowl out the strike bowlers this early... When do you bring on the 4th/5th change bowlers? I think I'd bring Starc on for Hazlewood and try to keep them restricted at one end and bring Maxwell on at the other who they'll try to get after...

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
gently caress that's gotta feel good for Johnson. How often do you clean bowl a guy who just hit you for six!?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That was really poorly played by Sharma...

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Holy poo poo when did Starc figure out how to bowl these unplayable stock balls?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
gently caress pitching it up Starc, just keep bowling those back of a length balls that bounce chest high.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

MacDougall posted:

Sheesh I dunno what I'd do if I was Clarke. If you bring on Maxwell or Watson you run the risk off letting these guys get set, but you can't just bowl out the strike bowlers this early... When do you bring on the 4th/5th change bowlers? I think I'd bring Starc on for Hazlewood and try to keep them restricted at one end and bring Maxwell on at the other who they'll try to get after...

Heh wow he did exactly what I said...

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Amoeba102 posted:

Mac, you should say something like "Bring Watson on to get a hattrick" or something like that.

Sounds good to me.

"Bring Watson on to get a hattrick"

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Cat Terrist posted:

Not until Dhoni is out.

He's just waiting for Watto to bowl his first ball to get out to a contentious LBW call.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Smorgasbord posted:

Are they loving serious with the Mark Waugh clips again?

Channel Nine trying to woo across the Channel Ten team with suck uppery.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That is some loving review right there...

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

Haha terrible review.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

Lmao it was Smith what a loving freak.

Better than Bradman. Clarke basically captaining like a genius and he still manages to one up him with a ridiculous review.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Steven Smith is that cricket god they always go on about.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
He will get it and then Smith will score 200 and snatch it from him like the cricketing nightmare he is.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
loving get in McCullum. Hit these cunts out the ground.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Windmill Hut posted:

Our anthem is shithouse but the MCG owns so hard

And NZ have a good one. I love that song.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Shaved the stumps.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Starc is a nightmare.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

The Deadly Hume posted: