Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

quote:

Williamson, along with his twin brother Logan, featured in articles in the Bay of Plenty Times following strong performances in cricket, rugby and basketball.

I like the fact that Kane has a twin brother out there who, from a cursory Google search, appears to have given up his sporting dreams to become an accountant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyone got the VLC link for the Alt commentary Collective?

http://streaming.radiomyway.co.nz/accihr.pls

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

When Senanayake got done for chucking they genuinely thought that it was an English conspiracy

To be fair it's entirely reasonable that the recent crackdown on chucking was a conspiracy.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I wonder how the Windies would be looking in this WC if Narine hadn't pulled out b/c of concerns over his action. He took 6 wickets for 9 runs in a match in their domestic 50 over comp pretty recently.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

If WI can wrap this up quick enough, the possibility of Pakistan not making the quarter finals is pretty real.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Don't they just have to beat Ireland?

If they beat Ireland they're in, if they lose to Ireland it's down to NRR between them and WI.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

de Kock's continual failures just highlights the need to bring Stiaan van Zyl into the team.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Really thrilling contest to see what happens first: Taylor getting to double digits or the first KFC joke in this thread.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

http://www.gfycat.com/GrimyRealEquestrian

Already a gif.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

My favourite cricketing memory will always be the day the 13 year old opening batsman of the opposition had a tantrum on the field after being given out caught at second slip but claimed he didn't hit. He argued with the umpire (our coach) and then started crying when he wouldn't change the decision. Took off all his gear on the pitch and sat down. Eventually his Dad had to come out and carry the kid and all his gear off.

Humble beginnings for Stuart Broad.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

They should have had Tahir bowl the 2nd over instead of Philander tbh. Early spin v McCullum while the ball is dry.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Glad to hear Finch and Watson are smashing it in the nets.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Guptill doesn't need many runs to be the highest run scorer of the tournament. Wonder how many people bet on that.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Hasn't anyone told her that her dad is in poo poo form and obviously needs to be dropped?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Australian anthem is poo poo compared to NZ.

But their home is girt by sea!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

EMC posted:

Watto permanently looks like he is running up a 60 degree incline

http://i.imgur.com/5T1rP4s.gifv

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

For anyone curious, they're still "Yes Bank" Maximums this year.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I love how wild the crowd goes when they just show a 10 second shot of Tendulkar sitting down.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Glad they get two CEAT Tyres Strategic Timeouts per innings, need to get as much strategy in as possible.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

https://soundcloud.com/radiohauraki/hauraki-breakfast-the-corey-anderson-chant-march-24-2015

Even in the IPL :allears:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Man, it's fun to watch Faulkner massacring Mitchell Johnson's bowling.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

This Deepak Hooda kid in the IPL looks like he has some potential, also a pretty cool name.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

INCREDIBLE commentators curse on TMS just then.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Anyone else feeling a heroic stand from Shiv to save the test tomorrow?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Are Pakistan really going to be convincingly whitewashed by Bangladesh?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Everyone excited about the "Arfica" T20 Cup?

Smooth.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Runs basically don't even count unless you score them in Australia, tbh.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

http://www.gfycat.com/MeagerWelllitBass

IPL.gif

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-and-david-warner-50-million-targets-of-new-rebel-cricket-league-20150430-1mwvad.html

I can't tell if this is just some elaborate prank

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Lot of inner steel on display

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

I noticed there were eight matches on the opening day. How do you even follow that? And it still goes for over two months.

I think the answer is that no one actually follows it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I can't handle the zebra statue in the background of this pic.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

-Spiffy- posted:

Phwoar that England top order sure is something.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I hope we get to see McCullum smash 200 from like 50 balls tomorrow once this partnership breaks with NZ already in the lead.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

How do you fall for that

Clearly he was thinking two steps ahead and thought the field was a bluff. Makes perfect sense.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Grounds get fined for not lasting 4 days now. Has a ground ever been fined for being so flat its totally noncompetitive?

Didn't Trent Bridge get fined for being flat during the India tour of England last summer?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

hosed up thing is that with a two game series now all NZ can play for is a drawn series.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Ronchi for Watling and Watling for Corey is a bit surprising, but I guess that's just how the injuries lined up.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

LRPLBW Taylor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Glad Australia is saving the day for New Zealand.