Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Blaming the pink ball for that run out imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Reminder that the LBW they checked was the complete wrong delivery and that didn't raise any red flags with the third umpire.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

goatface posted:

Yup, looks true.

Against:
England in Australia
England in Australia
Windies in Australia
NZ in NZ
NZ in Australia

edit - Basically, Australia is always used as the experimental platform.

Realistically, CA is the one willing to take more risks in order to pull in more money.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

I feel the Shaun Marsh pain you guys have with Guptill's fraudulent runs against weak opposition. He was out LBW on 70 odd in the first innings but it wasn't reviewed, then he got dropped 4 bloody times today too but it doesn't matter his freebie runs have booked his spot for the return series v Australia where he will fail.

Still rather him than Rutherford.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Amazing jinx from Russell Arnold before that ball.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

These last 2 innings is some of the dumbest batting I've ever seen

Some 5 Caltex Star Techron Clean Economy Ratings from the bowling, imo.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Williamson has a knee injury, here we go it's Martin Crowe all over again :negative:

Apparently his finger has been hosed up/broken since Australia. There's no reason to play him in the ODIs, imo.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

You know something shocking is going on when McCullum is batting the most sensibly against the short ball.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Williamson feels like a parody sometimes.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

A lot of competitive cricket to go around.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Guptill can't even break records properly smh

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Hrm guess I shouldn't have turned this game off early, huh

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

https://streamable.com/190p

Yikes. My initial reaction was "fair play, it's in the rulebooks" but that really is super marginal.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Yikes. 2 wickets for Gayle.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Over/Under on "Ben Chokes" on back page of the tabloids tomorrow lads

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Glad someone on Reddit compiled gifs of all 5 of Herath's dismissals of Steve Smith during the series:

1st Test, 1st innings
1st Test, 2nd innings
2nd Test
3rd Test, 1st innings
3rd Test, 2nd innings

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Is "UltraEdge" some sort of store-brand snicko?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

goatface posted:

Captain Kane isn't working, he should have stayed as helmsman.

Who else do you give the captaincy? Surely not Ross Taylor.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

What in the world is that stance

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Dhoni, the finisher, the closer, best chaser in the world.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

This is Maxwell's big game, I'm feelin it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Maxwellgettingbowledwhileleaving.gif

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

so close, could have gone either way really.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Man just a couple of inches off the boundary for that Boult catch or a slightly different angle off the bat and it would have been so different.

At least NZ still have an exciting... tour of Sri Lanka to look forward to still this summer.

:(

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Hot take: T20 has a lot of cool fielding moments on the boundary/in the outfield and has probably contributed to fielding improvements in all formats.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

That's Englands 25th lowest test score.

Their highest against Ireland, tho

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

If I've learned anything, if Stokes ties this, they win the whole ashes.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I’m not even remotely convinced he hit that.

Neither is Ross Taylor tbh

eh I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

gonna be a big lol if England have managed to injure Stokes bowling him in this situation