Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Voges just killed a bird in the big bash :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The seagull should be man of the match

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
the sydney sixers aren't very good

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Why do England have such abysmal odi all time run scorers. England's number one would be Australia's 13th or so.

Shane Watson would hold England's record by 400 runs.

Ian Bell would only be Zimbabwe's 4th highest run scorer right now

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia will still win anyway

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maxwell edged a ball to third man and Brayshaw just acted as if he hit the most amazing shot we've ever seen wtf

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Here's a vine of it from alt cricket https://vine.co/v/OIt9vlWKpxT

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Dan Smith?

Seems like the best team in the comp isn't going to make it to the final again

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I was curious so I looked it up and the youngest woman to play international cricket was Sajjida Shah, she was 12 when she played for Pakistan

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The funniest thing about the pricing is that Glenn Maxwell is worth the same as Steve Smith. I get that they came up with the prices by looking at career stats, but based on recent form maxwell should be worth about $50k (I picked him anyway)

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
In another tragic incident on the field, 18-year-old Zeeshan Mohammed died after being struck on the chest by a cricket ball.

Doctors at the Orangi Town General Hospital said that Mohammed died from a heart seizure after he was struck by the cricket ball during a club match in Orangi on Sunday.

“He was brought to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival,” Doctor Samad at the hospital said. “We were told he was hit on the chest by a fast bowler while batting and collapsed on the pitch,” he said.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
brad hodge is better than stuart broad

Brad Hodge @bradhodge007 · Jan 19
Why is there no mining tax in Australia? You cannot take out and not put back in!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/31011948

England fast bowler Stuart Broad has apologised after making comments about the UK minimum wage on Twitter.
The 28-year-old tweeted: "I've heard if you earn minimum wage in England you're in the top 10% earners in the world. #stay #humble."
Broad, who is in Australia on England duty, deleted the message after angry replies from some Twitter users.
Broad then posted: "No offence meant and sorry if any taken. The hashtag was aimed at myself."
The Nottinghamshire seamer is due to face India in the tri-series in Sydney on Friday.
In another post, he wrote: "Clarifying my earlier tweet, I merely wanted to emphasise my amazement at just how big the world is."
Since October 2014, the UK minimum wage has been £6.50 an hour for adults aged 21 and over, and £5.13 for those aged 18 to 20.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This big bash smash is terrible, the first two didn't hit it far enough to register

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Scorchers will win after brett lee bowls 8 wides in a row

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Hat-trick coming up

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I agree but the problem with having Smith at 3 is that Watson is useless once the field starts to get spread a bit, so he'd basically become even worse

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
200 partnership between maxwell and marsh to save this innings

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Part of me is hoping that Channel Nine have a wider variety of commentators for the world cup. No reason they couldn't have a guest commentator for every single match Australia play but they probably won't bother

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Cook wouldn't have done that

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
oh good Mitch Marsh has come on to take the pressure off the batsman

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

The Big Show has wrecked England. Is this a cunning plan so he stays in the team for the entire world cup?

England aren't capable of coming up with cunning plans

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

o.m. 94 posted:

Hi has anyone played Don Bradman Cricket 14. Is it any good (please respond relative to the trace amounts of quality you find in cricket games). Can I take Bangladesh to Test supremacy

I thought it was pretty good, definitely the most fun I'd had with a cricket game in more than a decade

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
One day someone needs to set up a commentary team of Warne, Pietersen and Danny Morrison

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This cricinfo piece on bat making is pretty good

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/787773.html

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
For anyone that's an idiot like me Grandstand are doing commentary for the world cup warmup game but it's on the actual ABC grandstand website this time, not the Cricket Australia app, probably because it's an ICC event i guess

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Woakes is going to be bowler of the tournament

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The best part of that article is

quote:

On both occasions McNamara cheerfully volunteered the information that he has a Google Alert set to email him any time the internet mentions his name.

Could probably have some fun with that

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I know it was said earlier but wow these graphics, I don't want to look at Warner's stupid head all the time

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Good ball that

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Lol England are going to win

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
At least channel nine never did this

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Finch sacrificed himself so we could see Maxwell

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Good job I chose Finn in my team I guess

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Should've stuck with ravi

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
England really have issues against people named Mitchell

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheCricketGeek/status/566553770700861441

Picture of rules in the tweet say the ball was dead

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

"I think it was probably above par, the wicket is really good and we probably let ourselves down in the field," says Eoin Morgan. "Death bowling let us down. 310 was par, but we needed all our guns firing. It's one of our strengths, we've been top in the first 10-overs and with Jimmy and Broady back, bowling was a good decision. That's the most frustrating thing, we started slow and cold in the field with drop catches and run outs. Finny taking his second five for on this tour so far and James Taylor very unlucky not to get a hundred. They're probably our two toughtest games in the group stage, and if we keep testing ourselves like this we'll go on to the quarter finals. I think the senior players need to stand up that's all."

quote:

Death bowling let us down

I mean..it's true but I don't think it made a difference when they only managed to make 231. At some point Morgan should just be saying "I'm poo poo, it's my fault"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
"If I was nicking every ball I'd be worried, but I'm not. I'm getting out in different ways." Says @Eoin16 on his run of form. #bbccricket