Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
good bowling at the death in the bbl by tye there, 3 full tosses, 2 of which where sent for 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

The BBL cup is emblazoned with LEDs because of course it is.

i just saw it then and lmao

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

what the photo doesnt show is that the white sections of the columns are all LED lights that blink on and off in a multitude of colours

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Byolante posted:

So australia are getting saved by the big show and a marsh

well haddin has stepped up to put an end to that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i havent listened to much cricket commentary for a while and god they are all so terrible in their own ways. hearing tubby hawking some tween spy bullshit movie starring 'hollywood superstar colin firth' in between balls was one of the most cringe inducing things ive heard

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah I didn't like her when she was just on The Cricket Show and I sure as hell don't like her more after all these inane cutaway interviews saturating the coverage. Goes to show any one of us could have made a career out of hanging around at the cricket if only we were an attractive women who bones cricketers.

yes if theres one thing theres far too much of its women in sports media

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lionel Richie posted:

Women are vile.

i know where youre coming from, ive met english girls too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the best australian odi kit was from like 2006 where they had the dark green with metallic gold highlights

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

This is amazing. I also suspects he edits his own wikipedia entry:

or maybe Brad Haddin does - I hear they're great mates

what kind of person uses the term 'unorthodoxy' in an article, really

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i hear brad macnamara wears ladies lingerie and masturbates into public bins at night

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Drugs posted:

"these graphics are grouse. heaps of zing and pep" - Brad McNamara

BradMacFacts: Brad McNamara formats all his work emails in comic sans

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

zakharov posted:

Ironically, a bar called "The Australian."

https://www.theaustraliannyc.com

ive been there. i think i had a chicken parmi, my friend got a pie. he eats like a toddler and gave it two thumbs up

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

this is great

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

maybe the english watched new zealand struggle to chase down a small total the other day and the kiwis are just playing right into their hands??

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

this is hilarious

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

new zealand need 40 runs from 44 overs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

someone post an update to that scoreworm

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

mccullum scored 74 of his 77 from boundaries

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

If New Zealand continue to bowl first they'll win this thing imo.

its a fair call. australia are still favourites for me but also have one of the dumbest batting lineups (particularly with faulkner out) so its a good bet they will get hosed up by nz's bowling if they show up when the sides play each other, but that said australia's bowling group is still one of the most formidable in the tournament. then of course there will be the proteas hitting top form at some point and looking untouchable until their inevitable mental implosion

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 20, 2015

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

I hope Groan Morgan is the only Irishman at the world cup to miss the quarter finals and then fucks off back to Ireland and ends this disgraceful turncoat poo poo.

ah the tried and true english method of when things go wrong blame the foreigners

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

batsmen should be made to keep batting with the bat they started with regardless of whether they break during an innings or not

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Auditore posted:

Once Bell gets out or Ali retires after getting his ton they should promote Buttler up the order instead. But they won't do that because of their plans.

the english management team have plans? since when? for how long?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

3 wickets for 4 runs in the space of 3 overs after cruising to 200. you can imagine if ali wasnt in this side theyd be in serious trouble right about now

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

England's big problem is that they overmanage their players, especially their bowlers. Finn is living proof of that: he went from being genuinely good around 2010/11 to being dropped, having his action "fixed" when all he needed to do was move a foot away from the stumps; is then dropped and called "unselectable" in the media by ECB people and is now bowling 5-10MPH slower than he was a few years ago which takes away the thing that he had. You're starting to see it with Jamie Overton: he was genuinely good and fast in 2013 then is called into the England squad last winter, doesn't get a game and serves as a glorified net bowler and wasn't the same last year - he ended up back in the minor counties, for christ sake. He is still only 20 and will probably have a long England career; but you shouldn't call a teenager into your squad unless you actually mean to bowl them at least in a warmup game. Basically the England national team doesn't seem like the place for a young player to be if they actually want to be a good cricket player.

In summary, fire David Saker. You couldn't see Malinga playing for England bowling the way he always has, which is a real problem.

there seems to be a definite missing the forest for the trees trend happening with the management of the side. they seem to be so obsessed with screwing with each player that they havent actually come up with an overall plan for what they want the side to look like when they put all those players together as a team. boycott summed it up well the other day that this coaching team has been in charge for like a year or however long its been and they still dont know what they want the side to look and play like. you'd think in the tri-series against india and australia they would use that as a template to get the group playing together a certain way, but as soon as the world cup starts the first thing they do is gently caress around with the team lineup and batting order. it just reeks of incompetence and people who dont know what theyre doing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

noice, 17 runs from an over that only contained one boundary. good to see all the money zimbers is given by the icc results in quality cricket

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

oh god

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

and Chigumbura is the captain...

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

you just know hes going to get out on 199

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

This is what happens when Gayle actually gives a poo poo.

it helps facing a bowling attack that is completely hopeless as well

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol samuels is like gently caress this i want some cheers too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hahah what a way to bowl out the innings

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i love that gayle is now talking about going through lean times and making sure he gets his preparation for matches right when

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Butt Wizard posted:

Ryder doesn't count as an international cricketer anymore. If he counts then so does Styris and then the answer becomes Styris.

scott styris looks like a cane toad turned human

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

kfc zinger boxes always get me

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Madkal posted:

Has Steyn got the best murder eyes in cricket?

now murali has retired, yeah

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Pvt. Public posted:

gently caress Perth, gently caress Western Australia, gently caress the ICC.

racist

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

just checked the score and this is great.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

only glanced at the site address before reading the article, legit thought it was the herald sun lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

webmeister posted:

Apologies for the meme but this is pretty funny

lol