Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
How quaint, they think people are going to watch channel 10 next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

BurgerQuest posted:

KFC making me hate Plucka :(

Why they're using a duck is baffling

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I just find this depressing as a fan. Hopefully india rip through us so i can see some proper bowling.

To out myself as a disgusting hypocrite my favourite player in limited over cricket is mitchell starc (he is as petulant as anyone in world cricket) because he actually tries to take wickets with quick bowling. My least favourite bowler is faulkner because just look at the weird poo poo he bowls

Its awful to watch, these garbage out the back of the hand slower balls shot of a length outside off, then he looks shocked when Dhoni tries to murder him for bowling that trash. I hate the tactic of stacking the off-side then bowling as wide and as slow as you can get away with.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Bumrah, the opposite of a chuckers action, does he have no elbows?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Is it just me or does Dhoni look like Bruce Campbell?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kt88 posted:

I always thought Fleming was a fantastic captain, he never had much to work with in terms of player talent but he could still upset a top team.

I can't remember what series it was, but I remember a Fleming captained NZ getting Martyn out over and over again getting caught in gully where they had about 4 fielders and just bowled short outside off, sucked him in every time (I never liked Martyn). Fleming always seemed to the better than he should have with the team he had. This could be due to my bad memory.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Getting narky on cricinfo:

quote:

Wigsy: "Have to love all the non English supporters on here bleating about Australia. It would be nice to have some sensible commentary. " You're welcome to contribute to the good sense, Wigsy, instead of being a dimwitted bigot

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

They won't get it, for some reason Burger King is called Hungry Jack's over there. Is the Whopper still a Whopper? Maybe it is a Royale.

Some dude had the licence to the Burger King name in Aus before they rolled up, everything else is the same

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Is Tom Curran any good ? He did alright in a tour game

I thought they'd want someone young :v:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/rharris334/status/945240925286031360

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

goatface posted:

There he goes. The boy's got a head problem.

Such a half hearted shot, so angry with himself when leaving the ground too

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

TimeWaster posted:

It’s my fault, I always attend the most boring days of test cricket. Sitting in the Members area and the most exciting thing to happen was a glass smashed and full punch on. Amazing never before seen event according to those around me.

Which bay?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/WBBL/status/948438188678246400

lol

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

I can't remember any of them but I usually think Langer's opinions on things are wrong.

It's the way he speaks which I can't stand, makes you really question his intelligence.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

garycoleisgod posted:

I understand that if they lengthened their run-up, they would just run further but still leap into the delivery stride at the same time, but, they could adjust and leap into that delivery stride slightly earlier?

It feels wrong when you're coming into the crease and wrecks your delivery stride

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

iajanus posted:

Does it feel any worse or wreck your delivery more than losing a wicket to a needless no ball?

Well that's the thing you have to train to get your run up right, changing it mid game is going to result in poo poo deliveries due to feeling awkward.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/gabbo32/status/949601346780479488

:wtc:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Wade just went out to bat and forgot to put his outer and inner thigh pads on, proceeded to dack himself in the middle of the field and pad up two overs after he went in.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25564044/mcg-drop-pitch-upgraded-perth-standard

Looks like its got more to do with the block the MCG drop in sits on is just concrete, while the Perth/Adelaide decks have newer porous trays, which the MCG is switching to for next season.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/belltowertimez/status/1088401327737032704?s=21

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Last night's Big Bash game in Perth apparently

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://youtu.be/bt15b3CG8Jg

Too wholesome for this thread

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

How ironic, Australia defeated by an English criminal

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

notaspy posted:

Why do we think this is him done? Is a calf injury the type of thing that never properly heals or something?

Calf’s are old man injuries that never go away once they start happening

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Shami been ruled out the summer with a fractured arm.

https://youtu.be/RtA6laeJBts

Finally got his wish

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

webmeister posted:

Holy poo poo that’s a green deck

Pitch I played on in Scotland, just bowl seam up.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

webmeister posted:

lol apparently the first four balls in that Stokes over (before the "wicket" ball) were uncalled no-balls :laugh:

https://twitter.com/7Cricket/status/1468744046936010757?s=20

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Beffer posted:

Brayshaw is appalling, but gently caress me, Hayden is so boring.

Hayden sounds like he would have been an insufferable team mate, talking about “being in the trenches”, jfc

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

They had some Langer call-in happening on SEN this morning, first guy who rings up does the "how many runs/tests have these administrators in CA made/played compared to ARE JUSTIN!! He know more about cricket than any of them!!" schtick.

I'm sure everyone would agree Shane Warne should be coach of Australia and CEO of CA until someone plays cricket better than him and retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

Crikey don't read any social media on this whole debacle. Boomers and WA really do not like Cummins and loving love Langer.

Boomers think good management is yelling at people