Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I haven't been this excited for a Cricket world cup in ages. As a long time supporter of the Black Caps, it just seems like we have a real chance this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I've taken a screenshot of the Goon league to commemorate the assuredly only time I will be in the lead.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

mindofme posted:

"This was always going to be a tough game for us"

Can't even keep a straight face saying that.

Who said that?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I remember NZ bowling Bangladesh out for a total so small that McCullum knocked it off in a few overs almost by himself. The game finished so fast that they played a 20/20 afterwards to make it up to the crowd. And since I have McCullum as my power player I'm hoping for a repeat.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

don't worry, you've found it at the most exciting time!

Why couldn't they have taken this break at the innings changeover?

I assume it's for catering. Food wasn't ready for the Scottish collapse.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Varkk posted:

It will be for the Tv scheduling. Need to have the breaks when planned for ad revenue purposes.

That makes more sense.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Despite our best efforts I think we may still come away with a victory.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

As this is in NZ how many hundred spectators can we expect?

At least 3.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

What do we think for a total? Can England push on to three hundred from here?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

My bold strategy of forgetting to update the fantasy league for several games and leaving Gayle as my Power player worked wonders.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Oh Guptil...

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I'm going to the game tomorrow in napier. Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring outside food in to the stadium?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Smorgasbord posted:

You could in Christchurch, all the conditions are on the website.

Thanks, it seems all OK. I just wanted to be sure.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

MaoistBanker posted:

Whenever a team like South Africa or Australia elects to bowl against a team like Scotland or Afghanistan the whole crowd must collectively groan. Then again, this is England so 350/2 is on for Bangladesh.

When Bmac lost the toss in Napier and the Afghans opted to bat there was an audible groan from the crowd.

Of course even as NZ comfortably won, most of the crowd was groaning about the lack of sixes. These day's winning comfortably is not nearly enough, especially if you're wearing an orange shirt.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Airstream Driver posted:

So quarters will be:

18/03 - Sri Lanka vs South Africa

19/03 - India vs Bangladesh

20/03 - Australia vs Pakistan

21/03 - New Zealand vs West Indies

Bold is the expected winners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dsmif