Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cat Terrist posted:

DLF Maximum comment

Yes Bank now isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Having to listen to the ABC coverage on 5Live was loving horrible. Please send out the proper TMS lot, BBC.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Byolante posted:

Did it hurt your feelings to listen to cricket pundits who don't think england are going to win the world cup. I have heard 2 podcasts since the first ODI loss to Australia last week say that they are still going to win.

Hardly, I am under no illusions about England getting thoroughly trounced at every turn during the world cup. In fact I welcome it as I think 50 over cricket is dead and should be binned. I've just not heard a decent Aussie pundit since Benaud (and he was awesome).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
India will win this in some suitably hilarious/shambolic manner.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's lucky that England are currently so good we can leave Stokes out of the squad. It's not like he's in good form with the bat at the moment or anything, and with Woakes, Ravi et al in such stellar form they definitely deserve to be there over him.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
He was, and they are, but so are the rest of the team. At least he's flaying the SA A team, that's more than can be said about most of our side at the moment. Ravi wasn't even bowled in the final, which says it all.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul.Power posted:

Woakes has been in pretty good form though? I mean, the final was a nightmare for him, but he did pretty well in the rest of the tri-series and was one of our better bowlers in Sri Lanka.

Ravi has no excuse, admittedly.

I seem to recall Woakes has been padding his bowling figures with tailenders trying to hit out after big scores, rather than vital wickets when they actually matter. I could be wrong though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
To continue the commentary theme, TMS have got Pieterson in the team for the world cup.

e:fb. It's only from the quarter finals onwards though, so England will be long gone by then.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Morgan appears to have slotted into Cook's shoes perfectly as captain. Good grief.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Spedman posted:

I honestly thought the worst one was England/Broad, he looks like his mum just told him couldn't have a Freddo at the supermarket.

I don't blame her, have you seen the price of those things now?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Boycott having a pop at Morgan.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
These are some miserable stats.

Jimmy's response to Boycott having a go at Morgan was pretty laughable.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I wonder if I could get odds on Morgan not making 50 runs total in the World Cup.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
You know it has to be an hilarious England collapse when you put the radio on at 6.30am expecting cricket to find its already long finished.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

zakharov posted:

Also the mod who did it is Canadian so save your American jokes.

To most people in the Cricket-playing world, they are pretty much the same thing.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cat Terrist posted:

Bangledesh probably about 25 short. Pity, it would be hilarious to see England bundled out.

I can see England really struggling to knock this off.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Perfect Spoonboy from Boycott there to dismiss Hales.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Lungboy posted:

I can see England really struggling to knock this off.

It's too easy sometimes.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
He's not wrong, it was extremely chaseable, and they will have to look at the data (and then sack the lot of them).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Seams posted:

I reckon the burden of captaincy got to him. If he had the whole Sri Lanka tour as captain he might've had a better WC, but they stuck with Cook for too long.

Morgan was playing like poo poo under Cook's captaincy.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Get Afghanistan to 65-6 or whatever and finish them off quickly with the demon pair of Tredwell and Ravi. Has anyone told England that you are allowed to bowl out your opponents before they use up all the overs?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Flintoff won Aussie I'm a Celebrity...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Mister Chief posted:

Can Pakistan beat Australia?

It depends who the Pakistani players have bet on.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

serious gaylord posted:

Literally a day after they said theres no place for pieterson too.

Some of them are still saying there's no place for Pieterson. There was an incredibly awkward interview this morning on TMS about it. I'll see if I can find it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
One day cricket is poo poo, the winners are kings of poo poo. Let's get back to discussing the most important issue facing world cricket today: will KP make it back to the England test side?!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Blowers and Vic Marks are great. Simon Hughes is good too. Spot the TMS fan.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

goatface posted:

Gary Ballance might be a bad.

He's just been named as one of Wisden's 5 players of the year, along with Moeen, Lyth, Angelo Matthews and Jeetan Patel.

In other news, if anyone is intending to watch the IPL on ITV when it starts today, you can't. Sky have it now, so there's even less cricket on free TV.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bharatrocity posted:

They still call them Yes Bank Maximums. How can cricket still be alive and vibrant if we get this kind of stagnation at its highest level?

fb

Are you sure? On Sky, the splash screen just says "MAXIMUM" and the commentators haven't mentioned Yes Bank at all while I've been listening.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Bumrah (the Everliving) has to be the best name in cricket history.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
ODIs aren't real cricket :colbert:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul.Power posted:

I'm not 100% sure on his four-day Tests idea, it might work in England, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, but I don't know if the days are long enough in the subcontinent and the West Indies to have it without ridiculous amount of time lost to bad light.

Is that confirmed as a genuine idea? I seem to recall it first appeared on April 1st.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
RIP Richie :-( Crickinfo or someone should resurrect Desktop Richie that Channel 4 made when they still had the cricket .

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

notaspy posted:

Wtf is there no tms?

There is?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guitar_Hero posted:

Only just got to this but it's absolutely glorious.

It really is. I'm only 5 mins in but I can't see the 3rd one being bettered.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
When is stumps, UK time? It will be hilarious if WI bat out a draw, and at the moment our bowling is looking shite.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The TMS Facebook page is currently:
Anderson record story
Anderson record story
Anderson record story
Anderson record story
Photo of commentary booth
Vaughan commentator's curse story
Anderson record story
Anderson record story
Benaud story

No mention of the shambolic inability to win the test match.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 18, 2015

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

RideTheSpiral posted:

The IPL is even shitter than usual this year

How is that possible?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm not so sure it would have missed, it's swinging in and I reckon it would clip the outside of off. However, it would be less than 50% of the ball hitting the stumps on DRS so they'd presumably put the bails back on and carry on (utterly retarded rule).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Surely they have to drop Trott now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
That's the thing though, he isn't an opening batsman.