Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Two years to work on a new thread and that's the best you could do?

He has been smashing it in the nets though mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

This guy knows

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I assume Warner is being rested because he theoretically can't talk to Sandhu

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Seams posted:

Apparently the commentary team are on a tirade against boundary ropes? Peak Channel 9.

What kind of pizza do the boundary ropes enjoy? DIRTY OLD PIZZA?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Somehow stumbled across this beauty on Youtube, now that is some serious hitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bkBC8niAI

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Marsh is a fine one day cricketer, he just should be kept 150km away from the test side at all times

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Sydney :shepicide:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Should I aim for the best players on the worst teams like I do in NBA fantasy?

Steve Smith :glomp:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

Shane Watson can't be a Pakistani; he can't even fix his batting technique let alone a match

:vince:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

This sure is a one day game of the form of cricket, isn't it just?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

Jos Butler is going to lead England to a triumphant bonus point win before England win the world cup undefeated.

Which sport does he play?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

God India are bad. I hope they get knocked out in the group stage.

I half want this to happen and half don't, if they miss out the BCCI will formulate some dumb loving rules that stops them ever missing the final 4 again

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

Has anyone heard whether Guptil is due a big one?

I am going to need a description on how he is going in the nets to let you know

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Beffer posted:

What's Faulkner like in first class cricket? Could he be a test all rounder? He has such a fantastic mental game that it seems to me that he should be able to handle longer matches but I don't see his name mentioned for test selection. (Instead we Maxwell for one game.)

Well gently caress. Cricinfo stats:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/270484.html

First class batting average 32
First class bowling average 24

One very good test although no idea who the opposition were. 45 runs and 6 wickets.

He's 24 and from the home of Boony and Ponting. Why isn't he playing test cricket?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Chunderbuss posted:

International Cricket/Super International Cricket

Correct, spam the howzat button until you annoy the umpire into giving you out. I assume it was used as training material in India when it was released

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Lots of poo poo posting around with this poo poo one day cricket tournament on, need a return to proper cricket and the normal high brow discussion we have around here

Shaun Marsh is shittits

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Watto a little underdone obviously, 3 runs short of WATTOZONE

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I feel like the one area where minnows should be competitive is in their fielding but they always let themselves down in that department.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

what kind of person uses the term 'unorthodoxy' in an article, really

That sounds like he occasionally got a wicket from a totally poo poo delivery, probably like Michael Bevan's one day bowling

Edit: looking at his stats, very occasionally

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Don't feel too sorry about the one of the minnows getting beaten up like this, the experience is priceless for them

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Seams posted:

Is India v Pakistan not on FTA? gently caress this.

You will see most of it on the news when the fans tear Adelaide oval apart

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I kind of miss having runners in cricket, it was just the most awkward solution to the problem. A guy standing at square leg, kitted out in the exact same way as the batsmen because having a hat vs a helmet is such a huge advanntage. Then the umpires trying to decide if a guy was run out even though he is 20 metres away from the stumps.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Lazy 200 mill for Pakistan also. I could believe it.

Who pocketed that cash for throwing it?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

Bit of a shame the next world cup won't have the same opportunities for a minnow upset.

I wish they would keep the minnows in and just speed the schedule up a bit, is cricket so taxing on these guys that they can't play every other day or at most every three days?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

When there is a tie in a form of cricket they should bust out the next tier down as the decider

If you tie a test, then saddle up you are playing a one dayer, if that is a tie then a T20 and then finally a super over

Faultless plan imo

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Dunbar posted:

Been enjoying the World Cup so far but some of the finer points are still escaping me so I went and got a book called Cricket Explained. Going to sit and watch this match with the book and hopefully it helps.

Mate you don't need some fancy book, you have a panel of experts ready to post right here, and I don't believe we have ever been wrong

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Cricinfo, never stop being a BCCI mouthpiece

quote:

Boult to Ballance, no run, big lbw shout but it isn't given by Rod Tucker. Ballance has moved too far across as Boult ones straight with the angle. McCullum has a chat with Boult, and reviews it. Just short of a length, pretty straight, Ballance has moved too far across and is caught in front. But it is bouncing over, as the replays suggest. NZ lose the review. It serves them right too because these milimetre calls is not what DRS is for

:negative:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Make it so if it comes up as 'umpires decision' you maintain your review either way, there you go folks I have saved cricket

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Dsmif posted:

What do we think for a total? Can England push on to three hundred from here?

For this game or the rest of the tournament?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Doctor Cave posted:

The broadcasters will be pissed, all this lost ad revenue

Expect a rule change for the next world up to sort that right out

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I have a feeling that we'll push too hard tomorrow and it'll wind up a blow out.

We don't want to know about your bowel issues there chief

Also right now I would prefer to watch a tournament with just the minnow nations, this SA batting display is putrid

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

EMC posted:

this SA batting display is putrid

I regret nothing

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I just want a good match where Australia win and Watto gets a hundred with the ball

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Don't let the footage on TV fool you - this ground is 3 or 4 times larger than the MCG, these modern bats though, I tell you what

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

markgreyam posted:

Brett Lee is functionally retarded. I obviously mean retarded out of a scale of 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S9XjLqRD3A

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Pat 'Dravid' Cummins here

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Even though it's a total cake walk I am glad Cummins is getting some burn here, he has looked good in his few Australian appearances and he is clearly a better bat than Watto

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

All I am hearing is that England need Cook on the next plane out to Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I imagine it was a power play from the Australian, English and Indian posters aimed at seizing control of the cricket thread.

The 2019 cricket thread is going to have fewer people posting in it, but somehow end up a longer thread and people will be wishing for the return of the minnow posters