Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Start smashing it or get out before I go to sleep Gayle ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose Ireland have now chased down 300+ scores against full member sides as many times as England ever have.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Why are Scotland so bad at everything? Not being funny like, I know they'll never be a cricket country but I'm sure they used to be alright at football and rugby.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The answer is no, it's Jimmy and Woaksey.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Literally the only way Scotland win is if they bat second against a middling target. McCullum bottled it basically. Shows a bit of mental weakness which England will exploit.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Machan is the best player in this side by a long way

quote:

Born February 15, 1991, Brighton, Sussex

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

How did McCullum bottle it by denying Scotland the only way to win?

Not backing themselves mate. England are bursting this little bubble, believe you me.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Oh gotta be prepared to lose to win. I suspected you were a Warne fan.
I am.

Noxin of Shame posted:

For a second there I though you were concerned.
I am not.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I haven't checked the fantasy league but as the most knowledgeable cricket poster I presume I'm winning by a considerable margin.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

This is it lads, the big one

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Why does this game start at twat o'clock

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

England are gonna f*ck these guys up

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

zakharov posted:

English trash talk is so cute :allears:

Don't all ears me you oval office.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Fails with the first question

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

I think the stadium may have a higher capacity than any English cricket grounds.

Multi-purpose stadiums are so small time.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

England have won world cups in all the sports we care about (football, cricket, rugby, darts), and some we don't as well probably. Your insults roll off like water off a good English mallard duck's back.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The twenty20 world cup of course. The future. ODIs are a dying game.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Basically if you want to define cricket it's a load of countries who for various reasons are a bit insecure about their places as independent nations in the modern world. And England.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh good they're batting, I might be awake to see the whole thing

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Eoin Morgan isn't singing the national anthem lads

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Warne takes 15 seconds to mention Michael Clarke

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's sometimes a pretty sharp analyst and i assume we'll see that side of him outside the channel 9 box.

They have him on Sky over here. We won't.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I forgot Ballance was even in the squad, didn't they drop him for a series not too long ago

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

At the end of the day, just remember that Moeen is better in all areas of life than you

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Racist.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Samit Patel blatantly should be in this squad I'm not even joking

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Root is genuinely England's best batsman in all forms these days, and also when Phil Hughes died he got Sheffield United to set up some of his cricket bats in hte centre circle and have a minutes silence before a game, so he's a good lad, if a little presumtuous.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

Anyone got Ballance's control stats?

66% son, needs to improve

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Typical loving Zimmer bottler, get rid

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It takes a lot for me to have an actual irl reaction to an England one day international gently caress up but that did it let me tell you

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Are there seriously no better players than Ballance or Bopara? Surely Hales can bat at 7 and not suck.

Not really no. Bopara is fine for England really; he's a middling sort of player but beggars can't be choosers and occasionally he'll do something to win a game. Ballance is the next Ramprakash/Hick/vintage Bell who looks way too good in county cricket and out of his depth in internationals (Bairstow is in that category too). Hales should probably have a run in the side, but he's flakey as gently caress himself.

e: Samit Patel though

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Scylo posted:

people seriously think Anderson is better than Southee according to that poll

I wasn't watching but I assume you're talking about Corey Anderson here, because if it was James Anderson it would be nothing noteworthy

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

I am starting to think you might be Samit Patel.

I once saw Samit Patel get a 50 off 18 balls or something in a way that no other English player would or could do. England has a problem with players who don't fit in with their specific "system".

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

england are still missing kp and trott in ODI cricket - the former for obvious reasons, the latter averaged over 50 and was consistent, although slow. Although I'm sure he was up around a run a ball in the Champions Trophy while still averaging near 50, which would be very useful for England. The consistency thing is crucial: you kinda have to be slow if you're regularly 3 down ten overs in

Root is basically Trott now. Pietersen is perhaps top 15/20 one day batsmen ever so they aren't going to be replacing him any time soon I suppose.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pietersen never said a word to James Taylor when they were batting together and then went and told Andy Flower that he'd be better off being a jockey because he's too short to be a cricketer (same height as Tendulkar). Pietersen can gently caress off quite frankly, commentate for the Big Bash in Australia where he can get patted on the back for his utter cuntery.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Dsmif posted:

What do we think for a total? Can England push on to three hundred from here?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Isn't there like some professional pride or anything? They must know they're a laughing stock yeah?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wing Commander Broad to the rescue, vrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Shane is fair tickled by the "ta-ta's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I really should be asleep by now but I may as well watch the end of the fucker