Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
I hear that the next world cup schedule is going to have India play Australia three times a week throughout the first round, just to keep the advertising revenue flowing in, while all the actual games happen untelevised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Gayle isn't so much choking, as living in a poo poo retirement village where he's slowly losing his friends, and he's pretty sure his bosses are stealing from him. Death can't come soon enough.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Gayle, in ODI's since 2013, has scored one fifty, one hundred, and one double. The rest of the time he's barely broken 40.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Stoked he got his century. This is great stuff

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11408527

Vettori posted:

In 18 years I can't remember being sledged by an Australian team. I think the way it's portrayed is not quite right.

Even Australians can't hate on Our Dan.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Quietest wicket ever.

E: that's so plum

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Jesus Christ.

Wait, was that 100 in 5 overs?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Terrible start: The ACC is having troubles with it's audio quality, my "HD" stream is less than hd, and the cricket thread is talking politics.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Red_Museum posted:

You shouldn't be able to miss hit for 6.

It's the bat technology innit

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

fuckin yes

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

poo poo, those footmarks are coming up nicely

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

fong posted:

Aussie commentators are the worst. Shane Warne is actually unintelligible a lot of the time, and they spend so much time talking about unrelated rubbish

You should be listening to the ACC. Leigh Hart is completely unintelligible; absolutely shitfaced drunk, and is mumbling random thoughts and howling. It's great.

Pop this link into VLC, and delay the audio to synch with whatever video you're watching.
rtmp://cp266084.live.edgefcs.net/live/acc@150902

e: THE poo poo SHOW!!

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

MaoistBanker posted:

Bandy is football on ice. It's a crazy clusterfuck of like 20 guys chasing each other around on the ice. It looks like a Monty Python sketch.

Hockey is an incredibly intricate hand/eye coordination stick and puck game that takes place at 50 KM/h where it is completely allowable within the rules of the game for you to beat the living piss out of your opponent if he is up for a fight. ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985bd9nTDGA

I like how he taps out at the end, with a "Yeah, fair cop mate, nicely done"

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

And that is the first time in history a three has been run at Eden Park. Everyone thought it was impossible, but not with this Blackcaps team.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Still with this? You are legitimately retarded.

You've obviously had too much excitement for one day, maybe you should have a nap.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

gently caress cricket rules

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Lionel Richie posted:

No one cares England are playing.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

So nice of the ICC to have a respectful day of mourning for the English cricket team.

Lest cricket, rest cricket.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Quick, bring Fulton into the squad.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Who reported this? Seriously. I'm pretty sure he was making a joke about McCullum saying Ross Taylor loved KFC.?

It was Styris trying to plug a sponsor, not McCullum.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

It was on live commentary on air, so no article.

Lol, reported by someone who has never posted in this thread, yet has an average of 7.13 posts a day since 2005. Stats Shane Watson would be jealous of. I'm an idiot

edit: poo poo, KFC seems to be all Taylor and Styris talk about on twitter:
https://twitter.com/rossltaylor/status/528794677055479808
https://twitter.com/rossltaylor/status/30183972830969856
https://twitter.com/rossltaylor/status/361845339591954432

Noxin of Shame fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 3, 2015

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

That's how it works. Someone reports it, a Moderator reviews and requests an admin for the probation/ban. Hand Knit didn't report it, they're just the mod.

Huh, I always thought 'requested by' = 'reported by'. TIL.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Oh yeah...who?

The ghost of Spoonboy

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Gets probation, doesn't even miss a game. What is this.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

I've posted about this before, and its something gaining a lot of traction with people about England. They are always 1 major tournament behind the other teams in the way they go about their game. You just have to look at the top 3 batsmen they like. You have the openers consisting of one destructive batsmen that likes to go at more than a run a ball, and then a nurdler who is happiest at a strike rate of about 60. Then you have a number 3 whos a test player through and through whos there to steady the ship and build a platform after one of the top 2 goes. Its the kind of team you'd see 3-4 years ago from South Africa and Australia. Its also a team that should score 260-290 runs. A total that, again, should have been defendable 3 years ago.

The bowling too is out dated. In the modern game you need to take wickets, not restrict scoring. Slow bouncers don't do anything but get hit these days. Its no co-incidence that New Zealand and Australia are rolling teams on the back of their bowlers dismantling the other side rather than outright domination with the bat.

England will not change, because by the time the statistics tell them that its worth doing these things, the game will have moved on once again.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

It's interesting to note that Shane Warne is the worst drone they've ever encountered.

Good, good.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

As long as they don't remove fielding restrictions from Don Bradman Cricket, else I'd be shithouse at T20 tournaments

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Get home from work to tune into some quality creep-shots of women in the crowd, and lo and behold there's a game of cricket on. Classy.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Ah, the cameramen are South African. That explains the creepy slow zoom shots of school girls during the Scotland - Bangladesh game.

On a completely different note; A Pakistani kid wrote an open letter to Martin Crowe, and it's lovely:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11412276

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

dusty posted:

Do you have a source?

I thought they'd be comically evil and use Malay slaves out of Dubai or something.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/kiwis-replaced-foreign-contractors-world-cup-6230638

"ONE News got hold of a copy of the call sheet handed out to those Kiwi workers who have scored jobs and it is littered with the names of South African and Indian workers."

Admittedly, that could just mean that they're all from the North Shore.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

I started playing Don Watson Cricket 2014 on a whim and well now I both understand and enjoy cricket.

And of course I can't watch it because I have to sleep at night! I feel like the West Indies would be a cool team to pull for, put me down as a Windies supporter.

You get to watch Babylon on Fire though, cool pick.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

Fire in Babylon. Best sport documentary ever.

Lol, yeah, there goes any credibility I might have once had

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Dsmif posted:

I'm going to the game tomorrow in napier. Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring outside food in to the stadium?

Take a bucket of KFC. If they don't let you bring it in, call them out on their racism.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Pakistan are getting pantsed

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Serious question: Does the twelfth man get a match fee?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

"The best place to bowl at this stage is definitely full, just to give yourself a chance"

*bowls short*

:getin:

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

This has made me happy

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyone got the VLC link for the Alt commentary Collective?

rtmp://cp266084.live.edgefcs.net/live/acc@150902

You can vlc this one

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cheers. I'll see how this goes. I tried a similar link before and it was close, but a few seconds behind.

Tools > Track Sychronisation > then adjust the delay (I'm at 22.8 seconds, although I'm following a dirty stream)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Halo14 posted:

You usually double the 30 over score I thought. Yep they better get a move on.

Yeah, this tournament the general rubric has been to add 150 to your score at the 35th over. This is going to be good.