Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

OH! I get it now! He's decided to directly target white young adults in a way that's "ironic" but strongly reaffirms their prejudices. Ha.

close but try again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Boy that Buzzfeed article reads like a little tattle-tale wrote it; trying to pull as many let's-get-this-guy fired triggers as possible while hamfistedly pushing the term 'alt-right' down everyone's throat. I didnt even watch the actual interview yet, lets do this.

edit: Sam is just a silly goose

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 26, 2016

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
That weird twitter stand-up thing he clowned on deserved every moment of it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
mde is good

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ub55qx2wQ

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

exethan posted:

mde is good

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sintax posted:

Boy that Buzzfeed article reads like a little tattle-tale wrote it; trying to pull as many let's-get-this-guy fired triggers as possible while hamfistedly pushing the term 'alt-right' down everyone's throat. I didnt even watch the actual interview yet, lets do this.

edit: Sam is just a silly goose

its the type of mealy-mouthed passive aggression thats easy to hide behind but impossible to defend but unfortunately it seems like every mainstream journalist with a vague audience has realized that too and plays the same game so nobody ever calls anyone out on bullshit unless its the same milquetoast he-said-she-said TMZ bullshit thats meant to evoke an emotional reaction in the audience but doesnt come to any conclusions

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wikkheiser posted:

That interview turned me against Sam Hyde.

Because that's the first time someone asked him critical questions and he resorted to screaming verbal abuse in response.

And he failed at that -- he asks the reporter if he ever expected to get a prestigious job at the New York Times, the reporter said not really, and then Hyde screamed at him for being a failure who will never work for the New York Times.

He's full of poo poo, and a coward who is unwilling to own his beliefs, and his show is going to get canceled.

This. I can't understand why he would treat Buzzfeed so flippantly. They broke the news on the demise of the internet's last great troll lair, for christ's sake.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
At first Sam is just disappointed the interviewer can't take a joke, later he gets serious and finds out the interviewer is afraid to get serious too. The dude is a dufus and by the end of the interview Mr. Hyde just sperged out all over him like he tends to do. Who cares?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wikkheiser posted:

Reporters don't work for their sources. It's not the Buzzfeed dude's job to be on Sam's comedic level.
So?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Look, all I'm saying is that if Sam Hyde attacks me physically, and comes after me personally, forcing me to resort to self-defense to protect my life or my family, I will loving destroy him. Since he's physically bigger than me, I can interpret him attacking me as an intent to use lethal force and I will defend myself with my firearms and blow him straight to hell!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

Look, all I'm saying is that if Sam Hyde attacks me physically, and comes after me personally, forcing me to resort to self-defense to protect my life or my family, I will loving destroy him. Since he's physically bigger than me, I can interpret him attacking me as an intent to use lethal force and I will defend myself with guns and blow him away

The Fallout 4 mde twitch stream was good

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wikkheiser posted:

Look, all I'm saying is that if Sam Hyde attacks me physically, and comes after me personally, forcing me to resort to self-defense to protect my life or my family, I will loving destroy him. Since he's physically bigger than me, I can interpret him attacking me as an intent to use lethal force and I will defend myself with my firearms and blow him straight to hell!
This goes without saying, since he has a history of mass murder and brutal violence against minorities.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You could say I hate Sam Hyde.

But also like Sam Hyde.

It's a conundrum.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
for him to exist in any meaningful form he must be unlikeable. it is the only way

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
if you liked sam hyde he would just be eric andre

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

nigga crab pollock posted:

its the type of mealy-mouthed passive aggression thats easy to hide behind but impossible to defend but unfortunately it seems like every mainstream journalist with a vague audience has realized that too and plays the same game so nobody ever calls anyone out on bullshit unless its the same milquetoast he-said-she-said TMZ bullshit thats meant to evoke an emotional reaction in the audience but doesnt come to any conclusions

You say that like it's a bad thing

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Al Cowens posted:

That weird twitter stand-up thing he clowned on deserved every moment of it

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

nigga crab pollock posted:

sam basically said as much in his explanation that I saw. the dude was writing a hit piece regardless of the interview, sam had some fun with it, who cares.

He did a more serious interview with Anthony fantano on the needle drop, so it's not like he hates interviews.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Can anyone seriously say they have any respect for Buzzfeed's journalism

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

when I went to the MDE live event in philly everyone was taking pics with sammy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWf8hep_60s

and nick/charls were just talking to a group of like 3 people including me

theyre both really cool and talented dudes

I hope they s how the original pilot they used to pitch the show, it's pretty friggin brutal, there's a section that's basically moms 2.0 except its dads and they're kids on a baseball team

also their original original was a post apocalyptic political weird scifi thing they blew their original budget on and had to make the pilot with basically no money lol

what i'm trying to say is i hope for nick and charls sake sammy doesnt get em canned

e: my fav thing they havent shown anywhere else is when they hired a craigslist dominatrix who called herself goddess and sam gets whipped and paddled and they say how bad at doing it she is and how generic of a name goddess is etc, i'm underselling it but its really good

mbt fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 27, 2016

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
this adult swim show sucks, i miss his mom iphone vids.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

serious norman posted:

this adult swim show sucks, i miss his mom iphone vids.
They were good.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SXTIuYzVfQ

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I think it's funny he gave the Jon Stewart answer of "I don't get political. I'm a comedian," bullshit answer.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

I think it's funny he gave the Jon Stewart answer of "I don't get political. I'm a comedian," bullshit answer.
I mean, heck, based on the questions the guy was asking him, it was clear that he'd read enough of Sam's online posts to know the answers to all of the questions, anyway.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

a hole-y ghost posted:

I mean, heck, based on the questions the guy was asking him, it was clear that he'd read enough of Sam's online posts to know the answers to all of the questions, anyway.

I've written articles that went for blood, but I never went into an article knowing exactly what I was going to write before doing a loving interview. Even in doing an attack piece this interviewer failed miserably. You need to have a civil rapport and get a person talking to bury them with their own words. And to do a hit piece in an arts and entertainment feature, not even a review, is just ridiculous. Telling people what to think about a show they've never seen, what a waste of a life.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

God Of Paradise posted:

I've written articles that went for blood, but I never went into an article knowing exactly what I was going to write before doing a loving interview. Even in doing an attack piece this interviewer failed miserably. You need to have a civil rapport and get a person talking to bury them with their own words. And to do a hit piece in an arts and entertainment feature, not even a review, is just ridiculous. Telling people what to think about a show they've never seen, what a waste of a life.

I guess that's why he's with Buzzfeed instead of the NYT or the New Yorker (well, that and he's a pussy)
Not that NYT or New Yorker are worth much more, any more...

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

God Of Paradise posted:

i think world peace really had to strike a nerve to get a response like that because its pretty incredibly how they're trying to smear it without even bothering to cover the content of the show just dipshits on twitter going 'tower seven 9/11 THE INTERNATIONAL JEWISH BANKING CONSPIRACY'

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af19Kf9KzQw

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
He had to pull the buzzfeed interview video because the writer was threatening legal action haha

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Goblin posted:

He had to pull the buzzfeed interview video because the writer was threatening legal action haha

What kind of legal action was justified? I want more info please.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Don't doxx me.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/4zvujt/buzzfeed_interview_youtube_removed_whats_going_on/

Just a somewhat vague reply from Sam is all I've seen, only thing I can think of is maybe he didn't tell him he was recording the call

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Sam murdered Joseph Bernstein.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
lol BuzzFeed is so loving slimy

WilliamRaineyHarper
Jun 26, 2006

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Right on Sam keep punking this lame internet poo poo! MDE on adult swim makes me optimistic that things will work out.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Goblin posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/4zvujt/buzzfeed_interview_youtube_removed_whats_going_on/

Just a somewhat vague reply from Sam is all I've seen, only thing I can think of is maybe he didn't tell him he was recording the call

This guy is such a pussy and heading full force into the Barbara Streisand effect.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

What legal action would that journalist have recourse to take? Journalist is such a pretetious word. Bleh... I meant reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
listicle-monger

• Locked thread