Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Listen up folks, I'm going to need you guys to keep those replies down to one quick line (think twitter) lest ye appear to be mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm all for making fun of bronies and people on tumblr and all that but Sam Hyde somehow manages to do it in the least funny way possible. And I actually even find Tim and Eric funny sometimes

Like most of his videos are just super awkward don't really elicit any emotional response from me at all

as a guy who occasionally enjoys cartoons for children, let me just say why this is unfunny... Furthermore

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
ideas man is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR7pXBWIlK4

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

It's not all about the funny sometimes.

see poo poo like this is why people should stay away from comedy

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ArtIsResistance posted:

see poo poo like this is why people should stay away from comedy

It's the same thing with Tim and Eric and other wacky poo poo like that. Sometimes it's just interesting to watch. But I laugh at MDE stuff more than Tim and Eric. It's hard to compare the two most of the time though.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm all for making fun of bronies and people on tumblr and all that but Sam Hyde somehow manages to do it in the least funny way possible. And I actually even find Tim and Eric funny sometimes

Like most of his videos are just super awkward don't really elicit any emotional response from me at all

You just haven't gotten to that "level" yet. Keep on watching and then you'll start to see. That's how it worked for me anyhow.

morocco
Jan 21, 2015

by Ralp
I sure like to jack off my cock

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
any other mods care to weigh in here if the stuff I'm looking at is funny or not?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Where is this guy? I love watching this rear end in a top hat. I've been waiting for updates, but I think his YouTube is gone for good. :(

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7updgTRSU

hell be back

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

morocco posted:

same but my cock

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
sam hyde wound up trolling himself by talking at a lovely TEDx event while thinking it was the real TED

he's such a dumb bitch

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

I'm broken and dumb I guess

I also don't like Tim and Eric and that link highly reminds me of them

loving hate tim and eric. tom goes to the mayor was way better

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I think he(million extremes) can be funny sometimes but he also seems really angry which kind of takes away from the stuff he does.

But I also think that the angry is what the people who think he is super funny like about him and makes it funnier to them.

As to the comparison to Tim & Eric. I used to think I hated them but a lot of the T&E knock off "Rando" humorists have made me appreciate what they do more because while much of it is just rando there are some actual jokes and logic to what they do.

also who cares

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

morocco posted:

I like to jack off this guy's cock

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Ike that he says human being because I'm racist and prejudice irl

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

MED is insanely madly funny and sorry for your dumb bad brains

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

subhuman filth posted:

MED is insanely madly funny and sorry for your dumb bad brains

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ideas man owns. it's just 12 minutes of surreal skits and chill electronic. there is also college cunts, which is weirdly beautiful in its angst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXdU1O0lQko

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

The one where he went to the twitter event filled with people who take pride in calling out online bigotry and they just sit stoneface for 20 minutes while he reads out homophobic poo poo was gold.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

COBRARocky posted:

The one where he went to the twitter event filled with people who take pride in calling out online bigotry and they just sit stoneface for 20 minutes while he reads out homophobic poo poo was gold.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Piece by delicious piece

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

UP THE BODY COUNT

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

o-bama is a house nee-groe

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
they had a good trailer of upcomin poo poo before their youtube closed i wish i could see it

Lord Superchrome
Aug 8, 2012
It's all about Charls Carroll though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6w-6_9KwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8a1SFlVKQ

A Yolo Wizard posted:

they had a good trailer of upcomin poo poo before their youtube closed i wish i could see it

The video you seek is still up on the ThanksComputer guy's vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/85116178 (Speaking of Charls at his best - see 0:50)

Lord Superchrome fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 22, 2015

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
To preface the following, poster Lothar and I have belonged to a splinter YTMND ventrilo/mumble group for the past 9 years or so. This is the same group that Aaron Bongart crawled out of and was forever banned from.. Anyway,

A little over a year ago we gained a female member named Shimigami (or something similar, I'm pissed that I can't post pics because our private board is currently down). She was at best a below-average crust punk with a swastika tattoo and brightly dyed hair. We introduced her to milliondollarextreme. She managed to convince Sam to drive for three straight days across the US just so they could gently caress. She showed us pictures they had taken together while he stayed with her at her parents' house. I guess he's really into anal, and I mean REALLY into it. He also had a weird thing with body odor. Three days before he showed up, he asked her to stop taking showers. I guess he's pretty brutal in the sack, slapped her a bunch, and made her swear never to lie to him. One of our members jumped onto one of his cam chat sessions and tried to bring the whole visit up in conversation. He got pissed almost right away and closed the chat.

That's it that's the whole story okay.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Helmholz posted:

To preface the following, poster Lothar and I have belonged to a splinter YTMND ventrilo/mumble group for the past 9 years or so. This is the same group that Aaron Bongart crawled out of and was forever banned from.. Anyway,

A little over a year ago we gained a female member named Shimigami (or something similar, I'm pissed that I can't post pics because our private board is currently down). She was at best a below-average crust punk with a swastika tattoo and brightly dyed hair. We introduced her to milliondollarextreme. She managed to convince Sam to drive for three straight days across the US just so they could gently caress. She showed us pictures they had taken together while he stayed with her at her parents' house. I guess he's really into anal, and I mean REALLY into it. He also had a weird thing with body odor. Three days before he showed up, he asked her to stop taking showers. I guess he's pretty brutal in the sack, slapped her a bunch, and made her swear never to lie to him. One of our members jumped onto one of his cam chat sessions and tried to bring the whole visit up in conversation. He got pissed almost right away and closed the chat.

this is the funniest thing in the thread lol

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

gnarlyhotep posted:

I love Tim and eric, they're hilarious

also I don't care about this guy's subject matter, he can dog on whoever he wants, he's just not funny

if one person laughs then he's funny

i'm laughin

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Helmholz posted:

Bongart

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lord Superchrome posted:

It's all about Charls Carroll though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6w-6_9KwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8a1SFlVKQ

The video you seek is still up on the ThanksComputer guy's vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/85116178 (Speaking of Charls at his best - see 0:50)

I meant the full versions of these that arent out

also where is the video of them doing some dumb improv performance about a doctor and keep passing cigarettes between each others mouths

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 22, 2015

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Million Dollar Extreme deserves at least 250,000 subscribers. He's gotta be the funniest man on Youtube

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I remember before he did that TEDx talk they released images of people doing the talk and someone noticed he was in there. The picture they used looked like it was him trying to make a 3D wireframe face of himself in Blender.

Also, this is the best thing he's done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ZHUsMCM2A
The original description is down but this is what it said and made the whole thing funnier:
This was funny man... I told them I had an anecdote for their GPS dating story. When the photographer showed up, I was covered in fake tanner, so much so that I looked like I was in blackface, and my teeth were totally black and full of chocolate.
I can not believe what they did with color correction here, because in the actual raw footage I look completely inhuman. They really did a good job of taming me down and paling me up. I told the photographer that I had a skin condition and it was medicine and that I was shaking because I had a disease:

Also, he interviewed me for a solid fifteen minutes, and the clips they used have got to be the only clips where I am not staring manically into the camera and shaking violently. I can't believe they caught me off guard like that. The whole time I was trying so hard to keep shaking and staring into the camera, yet they still found some clips that don't seem totally crazy. Very upset with this one.
My favorite scene has to be the ending with the GPS display on the phone... the photographer was sitting in my car and we were having an argument because I was moving the wheel back and forth like I was driving and looking at my GPS dating app at the same time and he said that was unrealistic... we were both sweating heavily and I had the heat on, and I wouldn't stop turning the wheel like I was driving... gently caress man.
That's about it... glad I was able to get in this piece but upset they chopped out all the gold. I even looked into the lens and said "whoever is editing this, if you cut out this part I will hunt you down and kill you". I like to imagine the editor(s) watching the raw clips, me with black teeth and black skin staring into the camera shaking and laughing.
IMPORTANT!!! If you wanna see the full interview (it's worth it), gotta somehow get it from http://newspronet.com or the photographer Bob Goodale. NewsProNet is the company that commissioned the interview and edited it. They might've thrown the original out, don't know

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

That description really says it all about Sam Hyde. What a wacky dude.

quote:

I like to imagine the editor(s) watching the raw clips, me with black teeth and black skin staring into the camera shaking and laughing.

Square editor got totally pranked.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feifapULiqM

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
mde is good and i hate you if you think otherwise

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i think he got hit by a train trying to make a fitness video in burbank. the ultimate troll

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like when he trolled Russia Today

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Helmholz posted:

sounds about right

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

I love Tim and eric, they're hilarious

also I don't care about this guy's subject matter, he can dog on whoever he wants, he's just not funny

you are a pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
mde can be bad but sometimes theyre really good the domestic violence psa and intro to japanese culture vidz being a very good videos that make me laugh lots only bad stuff is when he tries to shoehorn his comedic stylings into uninteresting subjects and it flops but this doesnt happen often and can generally be made to work
that said its very funny to hear people still calling him a time&eric rip off 5 years after i first remember them advertising their channel when it wasnew hahahah
Good.

• Locked thread