Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Where is this guy? I love watching this rear end in a top hat. I've been waiting for updates, but I think his YouTube is gone for good. :(

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7updgTRSU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

burritolingus posted:

An Inconvenient Anime and Sam Hyde's 2070 Paradigm Shift were wonderful.

I liked what he did and it's a shame he's not doing it any more. Gone but not forgotten.

Thank god the 2070 Predictions video was re-uploaded somewhere else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiTEAbeMGg

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

No. 9 posted:

they did some adult swim webcontent that is coming out this year. they got kicked off youtube. sam popped up on google hangout a while ago. apparently he's just creating a lot of content and sitting on it until youtube gives them their account back.

Hell yes, this is some of the best news I've heard in a long time. I'm somewhat relieved.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Bold Robot posted:

can someone fill me in on what happened with the channel disappearing or whatever?

facebook jihad posted:

I think it was just super offensive and there were a lot of complaints.

I'm kind of curious to know more about this too. How could have it been considered so offensive? There's way worse stuff out there on YouTube.

e:

burritolingus posted:

The brony dating sim was funny.

http://y2u.be/pym0DJ9VzxU

lol how could I have missed this? Around 48 seconds it reminds me of a Busta Rhymes video for some reason.

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 21, 2015

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Blue Train posted:

well tbf I've only watched the one linked in the op, and whatever was linked in the previous thread that is alluded to. I'd think that the gems would be presented in those situations tho

It's not all about the funny sometimes.

Blue Train posted:

I'm broken and dumb I guess

I also don't like Tim and Eric and that link highly reminds me of them

This one isn't very funny IMO, but still good to watch. I recommend 2070 Predictions.

I wish I could find the dream diary one, or whatever it's called. If someone can find it please post, thanks.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0jTbzd8Q8

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ArtIsResistance posted:

see poo poo like this is why people should stay away from comedy

It's the same thing with Tim and Eric and other wacky poo poo like that. Sometimes it's just interesting to watch. But I laugh at MDE stuff more than Tim and Eric. It's hard to compare the two most of the time though.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm all for making fun of bronies and people on tumblr and all that but Sam Hyde somehow manages to do it in the least funny way possible. And I actually even find Tim and Eric funny sometimes

Like most of his videos are just super awkward don't really elicit any emotional response from me at all

You just haven't gotten to that "level" yet. Keep on watching and then you'll start to see. That's how it worked for me anyhow.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I'm kind of baffled that people keep comparing Sam's videos to Tim & Eric. There's like two videos that you could fairly say that MAYBE it was inspired by that show.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
^^^ That one makes me crack up every time.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
:nws: for dick clip I guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQKUPVbL0c

Last week, in celebration to Sam's Easy Cheesy Baked Potatoes recipe, I had to try it for myself. Sooo good.

Easy
Cheesy
Bakes Potatooooes

Seriously goin mad uploaded all my food pics and showing them off to the internet right now. (I usually don't take photos of my food. I meant to post this a while back but got lazy.)

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I'm a red rope

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Incomplete Fish posted:

I spent the better part of an hour watching these videos and I just don't get why people enjoy this. He's like a Tim and Eric that also says mean things but is not as funny. That video at the anime convention was in fact pretty funny though.

I just want to understandddd.

When he says mean things, they aren't usually his real opinions, but sometimes directed towards people he knows are going to meltdown, and other times it's satire. Or sometimes it devolves into something completely hosed up and unexpected.

Take this badly synced video for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6xMt1iH1M

He's definitely not racist, but it's funny as hell. Do I really have to explain this? Why am I explaining this.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

So he's pretty much the opposite of your custom title

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
And the music is amazing

"I want you to add me on LinkedIn" haha

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Robot Pride posted:

i loving swear he made that beard out of pubes and a glue stick

He does this on purpose and he is a genius.

Holy poo poo this is still going. I'm fairly certain that Sam does not initiate this; either some trolls because they think it's funny or angry butthurt people trying to get back at him.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Odobenidae posted:

august 5th

Holy gently caress.

e: I never put a calendar reminder in my phone with alerts for a TV show

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 1, 2016

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
gently caress, forget to watch ep 2 :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of MDE stuff, but the 3rd episode grew with me in time, and does something for me that no other show is doing right now. Sam Hyde is really onto some different poo poo.

To me, it was less funny and just hit me hard (especially later) with some more serious stuff. The last segments with the boss in the office freaking out and the teacher experiencing the pointlessness of his daily routine is the most honest commentary that people are miserable, except they stick with it, and no one dares to touch base on this.

One part that had me burst out laughing is the guy that got dumped at the doorway, walked back to his car like a retarded person, jumped in through the window and backed up drives full force into the house. lol

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 23, 2016

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

a hole-y ghost posted:

That was pretty good, and the build up from the first 2 versions was what made it

There was really nothing to it. Just happened so fast and unexpected that it was hilarious.

e: Here we go. Set it to where it happens for everyones indulgence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsO87s07riE&t=461s

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 23, 2016

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aprpQ9b9oNw

How does sound so incredible

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I just watched Harg_Nallin_Sclopio_Peepio_104 in the parent directory, and it was the worst, most disconnected unfunny poo poo ever. A drat shame since it looks like it's created by the same person as China, IL, and I liked that show.

By the way, here's yet another failed interview by none other than Buzzfeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6DzL0APvs

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Wikkheiser posted:

That interview turned me against Sam Hyde.

Because that's the first time someone asked him critical questions and he resorted to screaming verbal abuse in response.

And he failed at that -- he asks the reporter if he ever expected to get a prestigious job at the New York Times, the reporter said not really, and then Hyde screamed at him for being a failure who will never work for the New York Times.

He's full of poo poo, and a coward who is unwilling to own his beliefs, and his show is going to get canceled.

Think about this: Who in their right mind would think it was a good idea for someone from Buzzfeed to interview Sam Hyde? You do know Buzzfeed is garbarge, right? There's two possible outcomes that come out of Sam's response:
1.) Joe Bernstein will be motivated to make himself a better person, or find something else to do because he is a poo poo interviewer and working for Buzzfeed is shameful.
2.) He will remain a pansy and not make anything better of himself.

Sam is doing both him a favor by hopefully motivating him to be a better person and also giving viewers something worth watching. If what he was asking was actually interesting, and he knew how to respond to his sense of humor, it could have been different. This guy couldn't even honestly respond that he liked what he was doing.

edit: Also, Sam's mention of having an assistant that wrote for him on Twitter and Reddit was nonsense, if you didn't figure that out. He also is well aware of what the alt-right is because he has written about it firsthand.

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 26, 2016

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Goblin posted:

He had to pull the buzzfeed interview video because the writer was threatening legal action haha

What kind of legal action was justified? I want more info please.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Goblin posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/4zvujt/buzzfeed_interview_youtube_removed_whats_going_on/

Just a somewhat vague reply from Sam is all I've seen, only thing I can think of is maybe he didn't tell him he was recording the call

This guy is such a pussy and heading full force into the Barbara Streisand effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Could the legal stuff Sam mentioned be what was said at the end of the video? He briefly said episode 5 wasn't that great but you should see 6. There could be a clause in his contract about making statements like that.

• Locked thread