Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Wild M posted:

Also I discovered that this bug got fixed. That was a bitch to work around.

God, if you could still do this that sentry gun level (anti-javelin point defense IIRC) would have been so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
haha, I love the two people with spacechem avatars in a dickwaving contest. You guys are so far above us I can't even see you anymore.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

This game has captured the same sort of feeling as spacechem, wherein I am not really all that good at it, but love it so much I insist everyone try it.

badegakk
Feb 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My score screen is so sad and empty. :( So I added a bunch of you guys from the steam group. Please add me back! http://steamcommunity.com/id/badegakk/

Xi over Xi-bar
May 10, 2009
I went for the best SpaceChem nostalgia score on Optical Sensor Array Type 4:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Xi over Xi-bar posted:

I went for the best SpaceChem nostalgia score on Optical Sensor Array Type 4:

This is amazing.

Wild M
Oct 19, 2007

Assignment Complete! REACTION ERROR: Collisions between atoms are not allowed in reaction programs. The reaction will now be stopped.
I'm a big fan of that puzzle. I was so pleased with how these conveyors perfectly lined up via the pushers. Also, check out my blockers (:airquote:) along the bottom.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
How the hell do you get a footprint of 115 on meat product type 101 (the whale)? I can get 124 and as far as I can tell it's as efficient as can be. (Footprint wise. Whale-wise it's....rather quite inefficient. I require like 70+ whales. But it's compact). Is this another case of a change in the game preventing you from getting the lowest footprint? If you grind something the instant it appears it used to not count that as footprint, or something. I grind the entire whale except for one tiny slice at the beginning, then it's a perfect line to the blubber machine. The meat goes over the outputs and back over and then down to go through the meat machine. The 3-way sorter is perfect. Where do I get 9 more footprint? And yes, I saved the 3 footprint in the tail by grinding both sides right away.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

GuavaMoment posted:

How the hell do you get a footprint of 115 on meat product type 101 (the whale)? I can get 124 and as far as I can tell it's as efficient as can be. (Footprint wise. Whale-wise it's....rather quite inefficient. I require like 70+ whales. But it's compact). Is this another case of a change in the game preventing you from getting the lowest footprint? If you grind something the instant it appears it used to not count that as footprint, or something. I grind the entire whale except for one tiny slice at the beginning, then it's a perfect line to the blubber machine. The meat goes over the outputs and back over and then down to go through the meat machine. The 3-way sorter is perfect. Where do I get 9 more footprint? And yes, I saved the 3 footprint in the tail by grinding both sides right away.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly the case. The Whale is a pretty obvious one to grind ASAP so it was a huge culprit for grinding the moment something spawned in.

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
a new patch rolled out with what looks to be new content; I can't see it yet because I have to re-solve the changed puzzles.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If you've beaten the game there is a new campaign added. It's based around juggling structures into a one block teleport. They also added some new blocks and features:

Area select is now an accessible option to move multiple bricks at once. Unfortunately it doesn't let you copy and paste selected bricks.

They revised the gif creator so you can chose its output size and how many parallel products you make.

Here's a gif of my rushed solution for one of the new levels. The teleport structure is the blue square on the left. It can only transport one brick at a time. You can also see the new inverted conveyer on the upper right which make lifters so much easier to build around.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Desperate Character posted:

You can also see the new inverted conveyer...

...which you can't use on Overlord missions. Grrrr
But holy crap I love both this new mechanic and storyline. I'm not a fan of some of the levels being changed to make them easier, and having to redo them. I don't even see what was really changed on Cargo Uplifter. Was the grinder moved closer maybe? It's annoying to have to remake everything because of that, but that's early access life for you. C'est la vie, and vive le resistance!

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009
I had a nearly finished solution of Terrestrial Surveyor that produced four tread pieces simultaneously without any unnecessary delays (except for 3 cycles total to make room for new inputs)
A big-rear end assembly line with three separately moving parts and optimal routing everywhere
Here's a screenshot of an older version of my design

I was just about done with a new version of this when I realized what changed about this puzzle was the orientation of the tread blocks
drat. Time to finish up and rate it too easy/not interesting

TheKnife fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 14, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

GuavaMoment posted:

...which you can't use on Overlord missions. Grrrr
But holy crap I love both this new mechanic and storyline. I'm not a fan of some of the levels being changed to make them easier, and having to redo them. I don't even see what was really changed on Cargo Uplifter. Was the grinder moved closer maybe? It's annoying to have to remake everything because of that, but that's early access life for you. C'est la vie, and vive le resistance!

Well, of course you couldn't use them on Overlord missions! Standard conveyors explode violently if flipped over, and the Overlords really don't understand their tech. :v:

On a more serious note, there are a few quality of life changes that I like, such as how the rotators have big arrows on the top in addition to their old, potentially hard to see arrow indentations on the side.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Inverted belts work while they are floating over a lifter without support. Looking fairly funny all the way.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
My god, the new campaign is both amazing and super tough. I'm slowly working my way through it.

Edit: But it's only 7 puzzles! I had thought it was an entire campaign! Now I'm kind of bummed!

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 14, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'm really annoyed because I feel like this should work:

Weld should have priority over move :/

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

the teleporter block seems to have a special property which disconnects any attachments so long as a block resides in that spot.

what you're trying to do almost works.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That might be true on the teleport, but I think the disconnect happens on the sending side.

If you don't have the bottom-conveyor there, you can see/hear the weld take place within the teleport block but it's about a half cycle behind. I think it's just game logic, Weld -> Teleport -> Move in that order.

I just solved the puzzle like everyone else, sticking an agrav block underneath. Was just surprised.

Xi over Xi-bar
May 10, 2009
These puzzles really don't reward efficiency. I mean, even more than the others.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Can the Heist be completed without using any moving factory parts? I did all of the original campaign before discovering that you could in fact stick a conveyor in front of a pusher, and with the one-cube bottleneck in the Heist puzzles that really came into its own. I'm wondering if anyone's managed it. Could be a challenge.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Can the Heist be completed without using any moving factory parts? I did all of the original campaign before discovering that you could in fact stick a conveyor in front of a pusher, and with the one-cube bottleneck in the Heist puzzles that really came into its own. I'm wondering if anyone's managed it. Could be a challenge.
I only used a movable welder in my solution for one of the puzzles. No other moving parts.
But they weren't efficient solutions.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Looks like Small Excavator got changed up quite a bit in the last patch, unless I'm mixing it up with a different puzzle. Was that failure log with the miners there before?

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

No, that's new. several of the puzzles are changed from prior versions, they all seem to be simplified a bit.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

TacMan posted:

No, that's new. several of the puzzles are changed from prior versions, they all seem to be simplified a bit.

To be smart not everyone is as part of as talkative of a community as goons.

Also, new update, new puzzles, introduces FRICKEN' LASER BEAMS! that are basically infinite range eviscerators.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Alkydere posted:

To be smart not everyone is as part of as talkative of a community as goons.

Also, new update, new puzzles, introduces FRICKEN' LASER BEAMS! that are basically infinite range eviscerators.

I love new tools. Still hoping for a vertical rotator or a paint sprayer.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Love the achievements, but only two of them (Subversive Engineering (hope you have 14+ minutes free) and Flat-Pack Factory) were really actually anything different to what you normally should have already done. Easiest 100% completion ever. :smug:

A new campaign reminds me I never actually finished the first resistance campaign. Oops...

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Can you really not use the inverted conveyors in the second new campaign? Or do I have to replay some level in the new version?

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
New update's dropped, slightly tweaks how lasers worked (lasered blocks seemed to be able to push for one cycle even when destroyed).

GuavaMoment posted:

Subversive Engineering (hope you have 14+ minutes free)

I went for tiny windowed mode and left it running away in the background for a couple of hours. I'm hopelessly pleased with myself for my solution:

Block/sensor on prime-number long conveyors, AND-ed together, blocking the input apart from every 3*5*7*11 = 1155 cycles. MATHS

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg
Anyone else experiencing lag when placing/removing blocks sometimes since the last update? Maybe it's my drivers.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
I had a some in The Heist. I've not tried myself, but apparently it might be Microsoft Defender scanning the undo file whenever it's saved out so setting up an exception fixes this.

here

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg
That fixed it, thanks!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Not as fond of this as with the previous puzzle version, but at least it features rotator shenanigans:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I just got this game, and I have to say, having people like GuavaMoment and WildM in my friends list is bad for my self-esteem. I feel like I'm never going to even get in the same neighborhood as they do.

But then I remember that I started the same on Spacechem, and eventually got to the point where I beat Guava on Nobility, and realize I just need to keep at it.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
http://store.steampowered.com/app/370360/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

New Zachtronics game! It looks....

uh

it looks, well...um

horrifying

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Headphone warning on that trailer :tviv:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I Bought It.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Same.
It's like Spacechem, every time I start a puzzle I look at it and say "welp I'm an idiot that's impossible" and then I solve it without any real difficulty. Also like spacechem I doubt I'll actually be able to finish it since I am, in fact, an idiot.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Welp, looks like my evening is spoken for already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its pretty good. I think its most like alchemical engineering in that its really just about moving stuff around the board between nodes without collisions or deadlocks, its just that each node is now general purpose so you have to write a couple lines of code to get the behavior you want. Its not nearly as scary as it looks, I was actually hoping it would be scarier.

• Locked thread