Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

lmao that's insanely dumb of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Kazvall posted:

it's what they've been planning all along, publisher gets their insane upfront box sales + monthlies and then once they've recouped their poo poo they'll just let this game die on the b2p model while going to make a new game

how does the b2p model generate any revenue well past release when the game has gotten stale

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

guild wars 2 has an insane cash shop and ingame ads everywhere , also you can convert $$$ to gold

yeah but gw2 has always been b2p since release and it also has the advantage of people actually playing it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

however, people may nnow play teso

the cost of the game box is a higher barrier of entry than the subscription fee imo

gw2 has the luxury because there are people who want to play it with their friends. literally no one plays teso so there's no incentive to take the plunge

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

they should've just made it F2P on PC and then if you want to play it on a console you gotta buy it but they give you $60 worth of F2P currency to make up for it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I seriously cannot believe I posted and a fresh set of realistic horse asses were waiting for me.

this made me laugh more than it should have

not that it wasnt funny, but i laughed way too much.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the inclusion of realistic horse buttholes is pretty much the only reason i made it through oblivion

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Fun fact: If you complain about that mod at all on Nexus, you will be swiftly banned because it is highly illegal to criticize any mod whatsoever.

its true, i got banned for complaining they werent realistic enough

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i would play to this game if there was a gun to my head and i literally head no choice 7/10

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

don't ffxi and ffxiv have the thing where you can scale yourself down?

i dunno how it is in ff11 but in ff14 it kinda sucks because it only works with certain things

i wish it had a mentor sort of system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

butt 2 penis

• Locked thread