Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

ashgromnies posted:

It's either New Center or Hamtramck. New Center is one of the neighborhoods that have been attracting new (white) residents lately, Hamtramck has historically been a Polish immigrant town (as well as Yemeni, Bangladeshi, Bulgarians and others in recent decades)

This is, I'm pretty sure, Midtown (google maps and this map are a little off). Ford and some other big Detroit companies offer rent breaks to people who are moving into this area to the tune of a several thousands of dollars. It's attracted a lot of people from out of the city into fairly high-paying jobs here. It's also priced a lot of the surrounding residents out of the area.

I live in an apartment just north of the center of that small island (Belle Isle) kinda on the water. There are a lot of people moving into this area due to renovation of some amazing old high rises on the water.

This city is definitely more dangerous than Chicago. If you've lived in a big city, this means that the lines between 'good' and 'bad' areas are less well demarcated and the city is more segregated in basically every way. If this thread is real and not a troll, I wouldn't move here and expect a typical midwestern American experience.

Carl Killer Miller fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Eskaton posted:

Pretty okay. Kinda cold right now (I'm in the UP).

I can confirm this, it is cold in Michigan

• Locked thread