Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Can anyone tell me if all these houses listed between $1 and $500 in Detroit are actually selling for close to that price?

Also, if anyone knows anything about the following things, I'd appreciate the advice:

Farming in Michigan state.
Amalgamation of properties in Detroit (costs, DA process, regulations)
Living in Detroit! (Jobs, culture, crime, schools, public transport)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

ashgromnies posted:

Though since you believed houses you could live in, in a major city, were literally selling for $500 im guessing you're quite naive.

So, yes, I also have some homes i will sell you. Very cheap.

No, I was more thinking along the lines of "Buy 2-6 houses all next to each other, demolish them and make a cool compound with extensive garden".

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Okay thanks everyone, but I think I'm gonna open a cafe/clothing retail/music lessons store here in Sydney instead.

This thread is now open for pollution-chat, since it's mildly interesting.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Part of the rationale was that my partner is a US citizen who also happens to be a jazz musician. No market for that niche here. Also you know, we'd like to own or own home one day. Never going to happen in Australia. And I generally like Americans more than Australians, who are psychologically distasteful to me

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Sydney has some high rents but if you honestly compare downtown SF or manhatten they are not only higher but higher over a much larger geographic area

No. Sydney is the most expensive city to buy in in the entire world at the moment. And there no such thing as rent control, and the government helps real estate investors thereby inflating prices even more, and is in bed with developers. It's a nightmare.

Anyway, looks like I'm opening my own venue, so that takes care of Mrs. Jazz-noise on a certain level, and I am currently in one of the best areas of Sydney (very few white people)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Mr. Welfare posted:

I call it now:

"Self-hating white university student."

You try it. You loving try living in this parochial poo poo hole. Unless you're white, it's unbearable (I am not)

• Locked thread