Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
You remember the BP spill in the gulf and how years later they were still showing horrible misshaped shell fish, but at the same time people were still eating it?

Just because people grow vegetables in a heavy metal pollution area doesn't mean they're safe to eat. It just means eating them won't kill you instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

dont see how lead in the soil would matter if you are processing it as lumber, tho

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lord Windy posted:

If you moved from the largest city in Australia to somewhere else like Adelaide, Darwin or Hobart you probably could own your house. Housing in San Fran, New York and other major American cities would be just as expensive

read- massively more expensive

DNova posted:

Picture yourself when your trees are ready for harvest and you get paid less than a week's wage for your forty trees that you've been paying property taxes on for 60 years.

if you are saying that people trying to find new constructive beneficial sustainable use for destroyed land should get tax breaks and incentives from the state then I agree

also once the trees are established the maintenance is extremely low, they're just trees

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Reverse Centaur posted:

Are you saying major American cities are massively more expensive than Sydney? Because they aren't.

Sydney has some high rents but if you honestly compare downtown SF or manhatten they are not only higher but higher over a much larger geographic area

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Because I am non white and would like to avoid problems of systemic racism, I think I will move to this paradisio of integration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lord Windy posted:

I have to ask, what is the little island of red in the sea of blue?

As an actual serious question, what is it like in Michigan?

white people, to both

e: down in the middle of the state its not bad tho I guess

• Locked thread