Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*puts on bonzibuddy voice and face* someone please buy me a wiiu so i can play these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never heard of ice cliber before arino and idk who is nostalgic for it or why

I did because I think it was in a smash brother or something and I always assumed it must just be a classic I was too young to of played or rented.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't mind balloon fight though.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i owned ice climber when i was young and i thought it was bad then and i still think its bad now

Soral
May 30, 2009

when i was a kid i would rather play batman forever on the snes than ice climbers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite things in the game was... Donkey Kong Jr, Super Mario Bros, and hmmm probably either Excite Bike or Regular Donkey Kong.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I can't see myself ever wanting to play DK Jr for score, which I guess is the point of it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Ice Climbers ain't so bad. It's a dece weed game for 15 minutes.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The weed's important because you gotta be zen when it fucks you over.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

nes remix 2 was a far superior collection of nes classics in this gamer's eyes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

farsel posted:

nes remix 2 was a far superior collection of nes classics in this gamer's eyes.

I only played a few minutes of it so far. I gotta take a break from beating times for a little bit.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

A lot of early NES games were poo poo, even Nintendo ones. See: Mario Bros. Not Super Mario Bros. Mario Bros.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mario Bros is alright and the jumping's a lot less irritating than Ice Climber.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
mario bros, in nes remix, you can really figure out a good route you want to take, every time you play an ice climbers stage it just feels like going with what works

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a dude with a 36 something on this ice climber stage.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

*puts on bonzibuddy voice and face* someone please buy me a wiiu so i can play these games.

he can buy most of one with that goon stolen vita money

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

hubris.height posted:

That money was rightfully earned. Stop helping propagating this myth.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
sorry i was not trying to imply what he did was wrong

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have never once felt like i fell through a platform i was jumping to in mario bros, unlike ice climber where it happens like at least once per screen

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

i have never once felt like i fell through a platform i was jumping to in mario bros, unlike ice climber where it happens like at least once per screen

I fell through platforms in it a few times but it was a lot easier to get used to the jumping in that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

actually i was hoping someone would legit buy me a wiiu. i really want a wiiu

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

*uses google translate four times to get through this sentence* wow..this guy is angry

are you loving retarded?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a SNES remix would really really own and they need to get on that poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

a SNES remix would really really own and they need to get on that poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only hosed up thing would be donkey kong's art style clashing horrifically with everything else

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

the only hosed up thing would be donkey kong's art style clashing horrifically with everything else

Good thing they probably won't put it in.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Jesus. I had the hardest time getting just three stars.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im still watching the iceclimber playthrough with hellish screams dubbed over it lmao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

zfleeman posted:

Jesus. I had the hardest time getting just three stars.

Yeah there is no way in Hell I am getting every rainbow star.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah there is no way in Hell I am getting every rainbow star.

Yes you can, just upload a copied/altered save like they did with Metroid prime 3 for all the bumper stickers.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes you can, just upload a copied/altered save like they did with Metroid prime 3 for all the bumper stickers.

:stare:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

You can also gently caress with the 3DS's settings with your computer and grant yourself an eon ticket.

Archived Legitimate Legendary pokemon data is also on the verge of being broken through(again) so the 3DS will be able to use it so Arceuses for everybody.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

gently caress you, Taint Reaper.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
A lot of the 'classic' NES games were poo poo, ice climbers is particularly bad though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The sanctity of this place has been fouled

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

gently caress you, Taint Reaper.

You can very rarely properly cheat at videogames nowadays, so every chance must be savored.

Powercrazy posted:

A lot of the 'classic' NES games were poo poo, ice climbers is particularly bad though.

Also this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can very rarely properly cheat at videogames nowadays, so every chance must be savored.

Also this

If I obtain those stars it will be through honor, not chicanery and treachery. :mad:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

The sanctity of this place has been fouled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
why cheat at videogames for trophies? cheat for fun after the fact, but before the fact why?

• Locked thread