Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
if you like super amazing wrestling games then you should play fire pro wrestling returns on ps2. its on psn and you can download custom rosters and poo poo. its hard as heck to really get the hang of it but it has landmine deathmatch as a match type so it owns a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Black Baby Goku posted:

wrestlemania 28.... taker vs HHH hell in a cell

so good

watch taker vs hbk at wm25 as its considered one of the best matches ever

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Black Baby Goku posted:

i never saw this... jesus christ the WWE network is godlike

their rematch at wm26 is good too but the wm25 match is p much perfect

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
oh black baby goku this weekend is the ROYAL RUMBLE and you can watch the ppv live on the network so enjoy watching the best ppv of the year outside of wrestlemania.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

Dude check out the video that got me to subscribe to WWE Network.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkbfB4hTis

hahaha i forgot that ziggler had this theme.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

Well all this time I've been assuming you can but you can watch like every show they've made right, including just the regular TV ones. I saw a full show of a WCW match the other night so I'm figuring they must all be on here somewhere.

every wcw and wwe ppv is on the network. they have some but not all of the raws, smackdowns, and wcw nitros plus random other shows from their tape library. like they are behind from the ones that air on tv by like a month or so

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

Are they working on getting them all on there or is it too much to expect.

yeah they are working to get them all on there but there is literally like 1000 episodes of smackdown and i think 1500 episodes of raw if not more. they cant have the newest episodes on there due to their contract with usa network but they put htem up asap.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

I can't be arsed to keep up with current TV as it is and I'll never be a serial watcher of wrestling, but, good to know.

i mean you really only need to watch the ppvs anyway as thats where the real important poo poo happens. as it stands i am rewatching random royal rumble ppvs to get hype for sunday

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

They seem to have a gap missing from 2007 to 2012 in the Smackdown thing if "smackdown replays" is just episodes of the show...

yah the 'replays' are the full shows. TBH the main reason i am subscribed to the network now is for the ppvs and for NXT since its the best wrestling from WWE atm.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

$10 for a PPV is awesome and if you're a fan it's worth it. Even more so now that it's actually just $10 a month with no commitments and all that.

yah its p sweet. its also nice just to be like "i wanna see mick foley get destroyed by the rock while handcuffed" and its just a few clicks away instead of having to dig through a bunch of vhs tapes.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

I don't know if this will happen but I kinda hope that rumor about Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt happens at WM31.

im down for dat

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

The first thing I did when I joined the network was search a Benoit match and of course... :(

He was a good wrestler dammit but I mean :suicide:

at least his matches are on the network in their entirety just you can't search them by name.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

I'd be okay with that being Undertakers retirement match. Maybe they could put Bray over a bit?

Only to bury him on RAW the next day :downs:

it would be super neat to have taker pass the torch to bray but lol this is vince we are talking about taker will have to wrestle until he dies in the ring or hhh takes over and saves him.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

Yeah. I just wish it was archived better. But I get it.

i would have cancelled my subscription if i couldnt watch benoit matches to be honest

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

too sweet me fellas

New Japan Pro Wrestling is literally the best pure wrestling on the planet right now.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Black Baby Goku posted:

i just watched it happen in wrestlemania 28 like 30 times

they dont do chairshots to the head anymore and if they do they get hella fined by wwe. watch the i quit match between rock and mankind at royal rumble 1999 for actual brutal chairshots.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

I just started working my way into it after catching Wrestle Kingdom 9

Aside from Bullet Club I think my favorite wrestler might be

Naka ties into video games too because he is literally Majima from the Yakuza series irl

Nakamura owns a lot but my favorite wrestler in NJPW is Shibata.

cause he does poo poo like this:

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I would buy a game of that but sadly there seems to be nothing but fan games available

uh buy fire pro wrestling returns on PSN/PS2 and download a custom roster and boom you got a NJPW game

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

Man that Hayman doc is awesome. He's the coolest dude ever.

Heyman and CM Punk's documentaries are super good. There was a cool documentary on Cena where it followed him around as he prepared for him WM match with the Rock

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

hubris.height posted:

how was this weeks smackdown

i am going to watch it in about 15m

i never watch sd as it always gets recapped on raw but i know ziggler cuts a promo with a :iceburn: on cm punk

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

I like the Miz a lot but I only seen him in some promo stuff and the Hell in a Cell I watched, so far.

the miz could be a good wrestler but is mediocre in the ring. he is currently getting shown up by a guy whose gimmick is literally to be his stunt double and mime everything he does.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
list of good wrestlers in wwe atm in no particular order:

all of the nxt roster
dean ambrose
seth rollins
ryback
dolph ziggler
daniel bryan
bad news barrett
cesaro
damien mizdow

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Dexters Secret posted:

actually there are people on the nxt roster who are not very good

and you forgot rusev.

i did forget rusev you are right but even the not very good people on nxt are still better than 90% of the main roster

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Dexters Secret posted:

90%? the roster isn't that big anymore... even counting the divas

yah well when you got adrian neville (PAC), sami zayn (El Generico), hideo itami (KENTA), finn balor (Prince Devitt), and kevin owens (Kevin Steen) who literally are some of the best wrestlers in the world...

Dexters Secret posted:

the dust brothers are also insanely good when they're actually being booked...

you would figure they'd book em more considering their tag division is so dead that they have to bring in the new age outlaws to revive once a year.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Dexters Secret posted:

the big show is a great promo at least

i feel bad for big show cause the writers have him stuck in a revolving door of being the same heel and face and its always him getting screwed by the people running wwe/him betraying his friends to make his life better after getting screwed.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

Is Royal Rumble the one where guys keep leaping into the ring as other ones drop out.

Royal Rumble is the best thing WWE ever. it starts with two guys in the ring and then every 90 seconds a new person comes in and you are eliminated when you are tossed over the top rope and your feet touch the ground.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

lmfao i remember this holy hell that was one of the first wcw ppvs i bought.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Scyther posted:

i dont know what part of falling asleep or playing computer games during every episode of raw and smackdown and the last couple of ppvs and saying "i don't want to go to philly" somehow conveyed "let's go to the royal rumble"

uhhh the royal rumble is the best ppv of the year next to loving wrestlemania if you cant get hype for the regular card at least be hype for the actual rumble and getting to count down with the crowd and marking out for the surprise entrants

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
also you are going to watch wrestling live with a girl its like the dream be happy you gently caress

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wormskull posted:

I actually like Royal Rumble better than Wrestlemania from what I seen so far.

i will always be excited for wrestlemania but the royal rumble is the most fun ppv of the year

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Scyther posted:

I'll probably just feign illness so I don't have to go

i hope your wife divorces you and takes everything you own so you have to post on the forums from a cardboard box in an alley next to the loving wells fargo center

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Skeezy posted:

Give me your ticket idiot. I'll go with your wife.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
shinsuke nakamura owns so much btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xb9V80LGA

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Black Baby Goku posted:

watching rumble 2013 now... who the gently caress is santino lmao this guys walk owns so much

santinowns

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

elf help book posted:

there was a match between santino and zack ryder on some random episode of superstars or some poo poo like that where santinos viper bites ryders leg and ryder wrestles the rest of the match like his leg is dead and it was seriously hilarious and im pissed i can never refind it when i think of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU8vBF5KFlQ

not the whole match but this owned

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

the wwe youtube has actual well done action figure stop motion matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwT-RgAAns

EDIT: this guy is the dude who does them but wwe actually acknowledged him which owns

https://www.youtube.com/user/jwsowner/videos

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
the triple threat match was one the best matches wwe has put on in a while god drat

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
reminder that Miz headlined Wrestlemania as the WWE Champion one year and beat Cena.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
OMFG ITS BUBBA RAY DUDLEY I AM SO GOD DMAN HYPE THIS IS THE BEST loving THING EVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
:siren:E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB E C DUB :siren: