Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
people are still hacking wwf no mercy to add new stuff but i gotta say i don't really care to try their stuff all that much

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
yahtzee did a video thing where him and another dude rambled over wwf no mercy and he got nothing but dead people coming after him. the only person who tried to fight him in plot mode who wasn't dead irl was d-lo brown

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

epitasis posted:

def jam fight for new yrok

i refused to play as anyone except a created fighter w/ drunken kung fu or flava flav

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

How has no one mentioned fire pro wrestling returns?

I haven't played any of these even though I've heard they're really good, and I probably won't ever. I don't know why.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
lesnar pulling big show up a turnbuckle and then slamming him off was sick as hell and one of the last things i remember from watching it

the corner of the ring broke

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
some day my dream of making a wrestling league that uses one of those giant trampolines will come true

trampoline fighting is good stuff

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The thing with wrestling being fake made me really sad as a kid

then I realized it made stuff like the time Mankind demanded he be slammed facefirst into a pile of thumb tacks more epic

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i overanalyze everything so all writing is fun

i get incredibly disappointed when they drop the ball, like when hogan left as Mr. America and they just did a little "UHHH SUDDENLY MCMAHON KNOWS IT'S HULK HOGAN SO HE GOT FIRED" thing

the matrix mmo had them rewrite huge parts of the plot because an npc got killed thanks to a gm being lazy and that owned a lot

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Skeezy posted:

Where can I read about this?

I don't exactly remember but someone here probably knows.

I'll be damned if I can find anything on it but I'm not making it up.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/914112-wwf-no-mercy/faqs/9627 look at all this crazy poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wonder how bad someone would have been hurt if owen hart had fallen on them

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cant get enough of wrestling gifs tbh

mannn i've done theater stuff and i automatically try to figure out the tricks to stuff like this to minimize damage

there ain't poo poo going on here, that slam is sick

this is still #1 holy poo poo though

hell in a cell '98 was insane, the base of the script was "I bet that guy can throw me off the top of a cage twice"

quote:

Foley said in his first book that his wife cried during a post-match phone conversation between the two, and this made Foley strongly consider retiring from wrestling. He also said that after the match, Vince McMahon thanked him for all he had done for the company, but made Foley promise to "never do anything like that again." He also made mention in the book of a rather humorous exchange he and Undertaker had while being checked out more thoroughly by Petit in the backstage area. Foley, still somewhat dazed from the concussion he sustained, turned to The Undertaker and asked, "Did I use the thumbtacks?", which was a staple of a number of Foley's early matches. The Undertaker looked at him and rather sternly replied, "Look at your arm, Mick!", at which point Foley discovered a significant number of thumbtacks still lodged in his arm.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there will never be a match that insane again

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

the best part about this is mankind is used to it but triple h is like OW gently caress MY LEGS

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
foley'd be in the back later like "aww, did that hurt?" *takes sip from coffee cup full of flaming AIDS thumbtacks*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
is the hurricane still around doing the super hero thing or did he get sacked/change persona

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
naming moves should be a requirement, everyone should have a signature move even if they dont use it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
those are definitely important yea, it's shameful not to know them

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

i found this and it looked painful

i dont see any possible way to make this less painful than it looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I liked in WWF No Mercy how the rear end Man theme song perfectly synced up with the Blue Meanie's video but I got really disappointed when the syncing is different in an actual match.