Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Forceholy posted:

Let's face it, not everyone wants to put themselves into debt, so why aren't we pushing harder for trade schools

When I was growing up I knew the only way to get into college was to find a way to pay for it. Qualifying was nothing.

Those measly scholarships didn't really adjust for tuition increases.

Thus viola. I became an electrician. Once you get into the college educated bubble you tend not to notice everyone else fighting for min wage jobs and the hope for some sort of apprenticeship. I've been funneling anyone I know with a lovely min slavery job to my contractor buddies, you get way more out of being a carpenter/plumber/IT/maintenance helper for a year than 10 working retail.

I just want to gauge here, how many here are tradesmen? Or non-college educated "professional s" working in a field where your experience meets the requirement of a college degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Got redirected here from USPol over pirated Uni textbook chat.

If you talk to your fellow students go in and buy a single copy online cheaper and just scan it(30 min). You can print and bind a 500pg book for a few bucks at any local print shop. Plus you can split you book into multiple parts so your not carrying a 50lb brick around with you at times.

• Locked thread